BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Coconut Pete's paella!
5,412 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My Volvo was in DESPERATE need of repair, I just replaced pretty much every suspension component in it and now I'm going to be driving it all winter since I have snow tires for it.

I've put 2K miles on my 330 since I bought it March 1st. Now It's going to see 300 miles over the course of the whole winter. I just don't think it's fair to the car to just sit there. I would drive it in the winter, but it seems like a waste to buy winter tires for it since I already have them for the Volvo.

Asides from that, used car values seem to be pretty good these days - not sure why, they just seem to.

What do you think I could get for my car? Similar listings seem to be on Autotrader for 18K!!! Are these things selling?

2006 330I
71K Miles
Black w/ saddlebag interior
6speed
iDrive
Has Sport
Has Cold Weather

· Manualaholic
1,988 Posts
Hey Pete, I'm contemplating the same thing. Last year I put 1500 miles on my 330. This year I put 200. I just bought some snow shoes for the e34, which is my DD and winter rat. My e46 spends most of its life under cover, but I don't want to let it go. It's too much fun to drive. Every few weeks that I do drive, its like I get a new car since I've "forgotten" about it.
Used car prices are great because of the economy and people avoiding buying a new car.

Sent from my Droid Incredible

· Manualaholic
1,988 Posts
I hear you man. I'm buying a house next month, so I'm putting off the $400 power steering pump DIY until afterwards. The fact that I wouldn't have a monthly car payment is enticing, but so is dodging cones in 2nd gear at 50mph... something I shouldn't do in my e34! I'm torn, but think I'll be hanging on to mine until its paid off.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.