Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
just wanting some opinions on weither I should sell my 01 530i to buy this 6speed dinan.

I love my 530i its got angel eyes and few mods that will cost me a pretty penny to do to the 540i so is it worth it?

also is the 540i open dif? ive looked a little bit but couldnt find out if it is?

ill add a few pics of my 530 and the 540 im looking at

the first 3 are my 530 last 3 are the 540

Attachments

·
Registered
316 Posts
540i is an standard open differential. A Dinan differential is limited slip. You can check with the owner and see if that was one of the upgrades done to earn the badge.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm pretty sure that its not one of the upgrades here is the post

I have a 2000 BMW 540i with Dinan package. Car is a v8 with 6 speed manual trans. The package consists of Dinan cold air, throttle body, exhaust, stage 1 tune and lowered. It is a very sweet car fully loaded, black leather, heated seats, 6 disk cd changer, automatic blinds, and more. The tires have about 60% tread on them. Car has 176k on it and has new ccv valve, intake gaskets and valve cover gaskets, if you read up on a bad ccv what happens is the the valve breaks and doesn't regulate the crankcase gas and oil can get into your intake and cause the car to smoke which is what mine did its fixed now but it is still burning some of the oil out so it smokes just a bit right now. The car could also use some new breaks and the paint isn't bad but not perfect. If you have any questions would like more pics or are interested please feel free to call or text my number is in the contact info. I am open to trades just let me know what you have. Thanks

Im really siding on getting it tho from my understanding the 540 is an upgrade for people that have the 530. Plus i mean its a 6 speed v8 who wouldn't want that?

·
Registered
316 Posts
Looks like he didn't do that upgrade. It was one of the really expensive ones! I had a 530 before I bought the 6 spd 540 and I don't regret it. I was foolish to ever buy the 530. As soon as I bought it I started looking for a 540i/ 6.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
So your saying buy the 540? I mean i only paid 2500 for the 530 and maybe put 1k in it and this guy offered me 4500 so its a no brainer to sell it just to buy the 540 I don't know a whole lot about just timid on the ccv

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Not around me in the indiana area well none I can find plus once I sell my car ill have to vuy one asap

Sent from BimmerApp mobile app

·
Registered
3,835 Posts
Plus i mean its a 6 speed v8 who wouldn't want that?
A liberal prius owner! :sly: Not to sure about the BIG DINAN decals on the sides of the 540 though. Seem a little eccentric, just my .02

·
Registered
15,508 Posts
I know several Pious owners, and I cannot IMAGINE any one of them lusting after a 540i. The Pious is a classic tree-hugger's car!

·
Registered
934 Posts
Most of them are. It happens when cars reach the age where young guys buy them and begin driving them harder than the original owners did. I bought my E46 Touring new in 2000. Kept it until a couple of months ago. Saw it on the street a few days ago. Young guy was driving it, and I watched him leave a couple of traffic lights. I had never driven it that hard in 14 years of owing it. Probably won't last long.

·
1,421 Posts
Most of them are. It happens when cars reach the age where young guys buy them and begin driving them harder than the original owners did. I bought my E46 Touring new in 2000. Kept it until a couple of months ago. Saw it on the street a few days ago. Young guy was driving it, and I watched him leave a couple of traffic lights. I had never driven it that hard in 14 years of owing it. Probably won't last long.

sad story

·
Registered
934 Posts
Yep, but all to familiar. I watched it happen with the Volvo 240's too. Can't find a good one any longer. Happened with the E36, E46 and now it's happening with the E39. Sad state of affairs.

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
So your saying buy the 540? I mean i only paid 2500 for the 530 and maybe put 1k in it and this guy offered me 4500 so its a no brainer to sell it just to buy the 540 I don't know a whole lot about just timid on the ccv
I think the better question is where did you find a 530 for $2500?

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I think the better question is where did you find a 530 for $2500?
Haha it had its problems but nothing I figured I couldnt tackle vcg ofhg overflow tank electrical problem(turned out to be lose ground) new m5 bumper tie rods n ball joints all done myself still trying to figure out a few little things like heated seats turn signal on cluster and random glitches but shes a beast I do beat on her but I take care of her also

·
Registered
4,637 Posts
Honestly I think ita the beating that helps them my mom doesn't beat on hers and she has so many problems and mine doesnt

Run it hard every now and again. Don't beat it. And don't drive it like an old lady's Buick either, because that's not going to do much for you.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Thats exactly how I see it and drive it but I didnt get the 540 it was a turd :/ got all excited for nothing now wither to sell my car and continue looking without having a car?

1 - 20 of 32 Posts