BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
dwm said:
You left out the sweet reason you're selling... :)
Quit screwing around ;)

·
Registered
161 Posts
Hmmmh, I don't get it ;)

Neil

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Neil said:
Hmmmh, I don't get it ;)

Neil
You've been screwing around for over a year now... :angel:

·
The Anti-Rice
5,394 Posts
How much does the twinscrew cost anyways?

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
what else could it possibly mean.....

I decided to shoe horn in a V8 :bigpimp:

Seriously- I am just getting ready,,,,,so don't get all excited.

For the $5K I spent on the dinan pieces,,,,,someone is going to get a hell of a deal.

So if anyone is interested- its all in mint condition. I put less than 15K miles on the components and will sell it all for the price of the Cold Air > Thats less than 25%.

Schrick cost about $1250 plus tax
Airflow Kit $400 and $450 Install kit
Cold Air Intake $ 500
Throttle body - I am keeping ( $350)

You need the Stage 5 software with the Intake...although its not on the website...you have to ask for it.

Software will cost you $500.

·
2001BMW MZ3
568 Posts
ShifterKart Guy said:

For the $5K I spent on the dinan pieces,,,,,someone is going to get a hell of a deal.

So if anyone is interested- its all in mint condition. I put less than 15K miles on the components and will sell it all for the price of the Cold Air > Thats less than 25%.

Schrick cost about $1250 plus tax
Airflow Kit $400 and $450 Install kit
Cold Air Intake $ 500
Throttle body - I am keeping ( $350)

You need the Stage 5 software with the Intake...although its not on the website...you have to ask for it.

Software will cost you $500.
Why sell it? I would not think Dinan would give your car a plaq without an authorized dealer install.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
A badge...are you serious?

firedwg1 said:
Why sell it? I would not think Dinan would give your car a plaq without an authorized dealer install.
WEll- no ofense if that is what you are into, but I would not be concerned about a plaque for one thing- but you can easily take those parts to an authorized Dinan dealer for install plus purchase the software.

I am selling cause I am going to the next level and no longer need the items. Anyone who has no interest in spending $10k on forced induction can take advantage of this opportunity.

·
2001BMW MZ3
568 Posts
ShifterKart Guy said:
WEll- no ofense if that is what you are into, but I would not be concerned about a plaque for one thing- but you can easily take those parts to an authorized Dinan dealer for install plus purchase the software.

I am selling cause I am going to the next level and no longer need the items. Anyone who has no interest in spending $10k on forced induction can take advantage of this opportunity.
I don't know what you are talking about, my question as to do with the actual parts and how they could be installed with the Dinan name. It is to my assumption that each Dinan kit is assigned to the vehicle vin number.

Just for your knowledge in BMW forced induction, kits do not cost as much as you may think. If you want to know more there are a few companies that specialize in supercharging.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
firedwg1 said:
I don't know what you are talking about, my question as to do with the actual parts and how they could be installed with the Dinan name. It is to my assumption that each Dinan kit is assigned to the vehicle vin number.

Just for you in lightenment BMW forced induction kits do not cost as much as you may think.
FYI Dinan: I removed the entire supercharger portion from a Dinan S3 M Coupe recently and when I was talking (on the phone) to one of their tech guys, he asked me for the VIN of the car it came from and the one I was going to reinstall it on. Seems like that's all it takes.

Frankly, the hardware is of far more value than the tag (as Eric states).

·
2001BMW MZ3
568 Posts
Randy Forbes said:
FYI Dinan: I removed the entire supercharger portion from a Dinan S3 M Coupe recently and when I was talking (on the phone) to one of their tech guys, he asked me for the VIN of the car it came from and the one I was going to reinstall it on. Seems like that's all it takes.

Frankly, the hardware is of far more value than the tag (as Eric states).
Sounds like good advice thanks Randy...

·
Registered
288 Posts
ShifterKart Guy said:
V8 huh, keep us updated!
Personally, I'd rather get screwed :D

·
Registered
46 Posts
Mpire said:
How much does the twinscrew cost anyways?
AA has set a price tag of $8500 for the M3, but believe they can customize for an MZ3 (S52 only). Pre order price of $7900. Check the bimmerforums forced induction section for dyno and details. impressive!

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
firedwg1 said:
I think randy was a test car. Good question... Randy who makes it?

I would like too see your V8 Project post photos
:rofl: Not this time (don't believe everything you read).

We're all prodding Eric to tell the truth (so far, he's just been stringing us along :p )

·
Registered
320 Posts
hokoman said:
AA has set a price tag of $8500 for the M3, but believe they can customize for an MZ3 (S52 only). Pre order price of $7900. Check the bimmerforums forced induction section for dyno and details. impressive!
yeah thats the only published kit price.

I think there are others out there that could complete an impressive kit and come in under that price point. That is the anticipation anyway :angel:

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
ok ok ok...its not a v8.....its better

but that s all I can say.....and believe me..I looked at all the available and not yet available kits out there like most of you. And I am sure that all of you made the right choices for the applications that you were looking for.

( I obviously misunderstood an earlier post about the badge, so I am sorry if I came across off base. I am sure the Dinan folks will support the used products- although they probably won't warranty them.)

For what I am looking to accomplish..the project is going to run approximately $10k on the conservative side.

As far as I am concerned...when considering any modification..you have to look at more than price.

1) what do I want
2) what compromises am I willing to accept
3) what are the pro's and cons of the available solutions
4) what effect will it have on the overall balance of the car

I find the 4th concern the one that introduces unexpected expenses.

Sure you can buy a blower kit and some software for $5k and install it over the weekend in the garage. I agree with that. But I think if you are looking for a program that has extensive R&D, has been successfully BETA tested on and off the race track, one that marketed by a company who has a great name behind it in this space, one that provides a turn key solution where you are not left wondering why parts are missing etc....you have to be willing to pay for that.

IMO...there is a limited market for peformance companies to offer these kind goods. For me the right choice is one that is made specifically for my application. Not some hybrid approach that I suspect many of the less expensive option are. Generic products that are cutomized to fit. I want something designed entirely for my application.

Dinan will easily charge you $8000 for the install of thier kit.
AA will sell you one for $5500 or so and then you have installation and some other undesireable issues to contend with
You can go turbo ...but for personal reasons thats not the route I am interested. And those are not cheap either.

One thing is for certain..whether you spend $1000 or $10,000...more power means upgrades in brakes, suspension, drive train ( more gear), clutch components, cooling and
re inforcement of mounts that transfer the energy to the chassis.

So if you think you can get away for a high end application that will significantly change the character of our cars......I think disagree

So my $10K estimate takes into consideration..the application, the install, an s54 oil cooler kit and a used 3.15 rear diff. :thumbup:

this post went on way too long...sorry to bore you guys.....

1 - 20 of 45 Posts