BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:cry:Hi everyone, I wanted to ask advice - I hope this is ok here. I've recently realized I have to move to a vehicle that's higher off the ground... working in construction and being on rural roads is NOT for this model. After a nasty meeting with a rock on a country mountain road:mad:, I've decided to get an X1 while the current baby car is at the dealership being fixed (new tranny, thanks so much insurance!). We were thinking we'd have to change cars when we have a child... but this has made me step up the switch.

Where is the best place to sell one of these? Ebay? Cars? Etc? Can we sell here?

Dossier, just in case anyone's interested:
2008 328i hard top convertible
70,000 miles
2 owners
Dealer maintained
Clean body inside and out
Fully loaded - navigation, cold weather, sirius, leather, steptronic trans w F1 flippers on wheel
Gold (they call it bronze) with tan interior
Run flat tires in great condition
Loved and well cared for (lol)

Hoping to get $20k.

Thank goodness the X1 has a huge sunroof and great performance, just drove one today. I'll seriously miss my sporty 'transformer', though... :bawling: This was my 2nd 3 convertible, I shall miss her...

·
Registered
63 Posts
My 335 was just rear ended and totaled. 2008 fully loaded with 120k miles, but trade in offers (was shopping on day I got rear ended) were 10k or less. I got 15.5 (pleasantly surprised) from insurance and think you would be lucky to get anything over 15k.

As far as kids, on trips, between stiller and pack and play, etc, our dog and kid easily fill our q7. I also haul around a lot of house materials. My point is you might be surprised how quickly an X1 will fill up.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the responses! Got the X1, LOVE it, we also have a full sized truck for the horses and biz if ever the new baby isn't large enough - hard to fathom. =) My ins co thought they might have to total mine, and were going to pay an estimated 19,500 if that had happened - it's rebuilt and better than new instead. So, just in case, here's the ad should this find it's way to someone looking... open to offers but I've kept her as close to like new as possible.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/BMW-3-Series-328i-/222190070439?#viTabs_1

1 - 5 of 5 Posts