BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I am going to sell my 2000 M roadster garage queen and was hoping I could get some opinions on an appropriate price. If it was stock it'd be easier to price, but I've spent about 8K in mods/upgrades/extras last year, and unsure how much of that (if any) I could get back.
It is silver w/ black interior with 39K and has all the available options in 2000, and has never been wrecked. It is in excellent condition with a small door ding and minor scrape on font bumper and a broken seat belt clip on driver seat. The full BMW warranty runs through 12/05.
It was 100% stock when I bought it about 14 months ago, and since then I've added a super sprint exhaust, rogue SSK & shift knob, ECAIS, dinan stage 2 down load, speedster cover, chrome M wheels - don't remember tire brand, but they are almost new (I still have the stock wheels with new rubber too, but will probably end up selling these seperate), 2 wind deflectors, bushing mod in drivers seat track, AXIS brake pads and a bunch of other stuff - covers, cleaners, trunk & door organizers, touch up paint, etc.
It is a beautiful car and runs fantastic.
Thanks to all who took the time to read this and for any suggestions,
Mark

·
M Mad
10,475 Posts
Basically mods don't bring anywhere close to what you paid, even factory dealer installed options.

Ask what you want and see what offers you get.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the replies.
MJET - I hate to admit it, especially on this forum, but I am selling my roadster because my friend is selling me a 98 carrera s wide body that I have always coveted.
M

·
Registered
4 Posts
you can get some ideas of what people are asking by going to www.recylcer.com and checking the listings of BMWZ3's, if you have it list the entire USA you will probably get 150 or so and enough M's to get a feel for asking prices. In my experience the mods will help you get the high end if you find a buyer that cares, but you never get "your money back".

Good Luck

Bill Turner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.