BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone figured out how to send text messages from their 2016 7 series? I receive text messages, but there is no option to reply. I also don't have the option to initiate sending text messages.

Also, the option to receive emails is selected on my car, but my emails still are not showing up
:(:(:cry:

I have an Iphone 10, by the way.

Thanks in advance for the responses.

·
Registered
367 Posts
Emails only work with Android phones. It never works with iPhones. At least not in my experience.

·
Registered
356 Posts
I use AppleCarPlay in my car. Best thing ever. Youll never touch your phone again in the car. Works so well. Easy Add-On

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Registered
18 Posts
Has anyone figured out how to send text messages from their 2016 7 series? I receive text messages, but there is no option to reply. I also don't have the option to initiate sending text messages.

Also, the option to receive emails is selected on my car, but my emails still are not showing up

Long press on the microphone button activates SIRI, I dictate and send the messages. I have not seen an option to reply through iDrive

·
Registered
1 Posts

I just had my Idrive updated a few days ago. I can reply via input or by voice to text messages. Works very well. I am using a Samsung Note 9. I was not able to do this prior to the update.I have not tried the e-mail portion yet.

·
Registered
49 Posts
I am unable to use Samsung Galaxy s7 with the Google Assist or S-Voice with my 2020 X3 so far. A long press of the voice assist button is erratic. The first press will bring up google assist, then I can ask it to read my last message. Sometimes it works and most of the time it does not, especially if I want reply.

·
Premium Member
2020 G12; 2019 G01' 2020 MB E450 wagon
1,477 Posts
I am unable to use Samsung Galaxy s7 with the Google Assist or S-Voice with my 2020 X3 so far. A long press of the voice assist button is erratic. The first press will bring up google assist, then I can ask it to read my last message. Sometimes it works and most of the time it does not, especially if I want reply.
Assume you tried unpairing and deleting the phone and then having the car discover it as a new device?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts