BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just bought my 2010 335i hard top 100k, about 2 months ago. Iv had issue after issue with this car. I love it to death but I need help. It started about three weeks after I bought it with a check engine light. The light turned off so I don't know if it was a loose gas cap or what. about a week later check engine light came back on went and got it checked misfire in cylinder 4. I said the hell with it I changed all coil's all plugs valve cover gasket an oil filter housing gasket. I picked it up from the shop and it immediately threw a check engine light. I drove it for about 5 miles and it started running really really rough. I took it back to the auto shop they put old plugs swap with new coils did everything that they could do and they still couldn't find out the issue. They even told me that I might have an ECU problem. I'm not so sure about that. Now my car is still running rough at idle, limp mode while I'm driving and I don't know what to do. I'm thinking that I have an injector issue. But scared to take to BMW dealer because they quoted me $6000 to fix All 6 injectors. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas as to what this problem could be it would help out a lot, I need to get this car back on the road.

·
Banned
10,015 Posts

And, let's flesh out that maint history - from repairs you've done there's more than meets the eye. Exactly why was each item of repair done?

·
Banned
1,891 Posts
Very likely it is injectors. Have they scanned the car? Have then show you the codes your car is throwing next time and be sure to write them down.

Do you smell gas on cold starts? Does the engine crank longer then usual before turning over? Does the car always run like **** or only when the engine is cold?

·
Registered
2,146 Posts
Get the best performance ECU tune you can find this way it will cause the injectors to run differently? Maybe it will send a fatter more solid signal to the injectors instead of a weak mini one this way it will push the signal through instead of semi-cancelling then causing it to be confused and malfunction?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The codes it was throwing was misfire in cylinder 4, an ignition coil. So after I replace that got it out of the shop and it was running worse then before I put it in the shop. It's sputtering really really bad, an also in limp mode. Also when I pulled the plugs out myself five out of the six had oil on them so that's when I replace the valve cover gasket. As for as the oil filter housing gasket that was leaking as well so that's why I replaced it

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I also don't know too much about the maintenance history because I just bought the car. When I bought it it was running fine but all of a sudden everything just went out at once and the car started running like ****. BMW said I had six faulty injectors. And if it was an ECU issue I would think that BMW would've found that when I had it in their shop when they found the faulty injectors

·
Registered
423 Posts
Has anyone suggested a walnut blast?

Sent from my iPhone using Bimmerfest

·
Banned
10,015 Posts

Better look at that charge pipe - just pull the air box off, easy. Tick it off the list.

You paid for it, sooooo ask for the readout, stored codes after deletion + run time to collect current codes. Post! Otherwise we're blind, feeling our way around an unfamiliar room....

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I do smell gas. I just went An cranked it up after not starting for a week an it had a pretty strong gas smell... what does this mean

·
Registered
1 Posts
have u find out wats wrong? i have the same prob with my 2008 323i ,it start costing me more than i can afford ,was running perfect wen i bought it , all started wen i change the VCG , i changed the starter ,spark plugs ,oil housing G, intake G, air mass sensor , both solenoids ,i spent around 3500$ between parts nd mechanics nd the car is getting worse , lately it start making very annoying noise wen the idle is low i have2 press on gas so that noise stop nd as soon as i take off my feet off the gas it start again(the noise is coming somewhere from under the car next 2 the oil pan on the passenger side) ,plus the engine sounds very bad if u dont look at the car it sounds like an old tractor thats how bad it sounds, i have a video but cant upload her its 2 large. but here is wat the last scan showed me
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=600765&stc=1&d=1497496196 PLS I NEED HELP
TYVM IN ADVENCE EV1

here is a youtube link for the noises

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bvHp5CaUQpc&feature=youtu.be

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok the codes it is throwning Are P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, an P0304. It has new coils An plugs already but I put nickel plugs in instead of iridium. Does anyone think that would make A negative difference as well?

·
Banned
1,891 Posts
Ok the codes it is throwning Are P0300, P0301, P0302, P0303, an P0304. It has new coils An plugs already but I put nickel plugs in instead of iridium. Does anyone think that would make A negative difference as well?
Misfire in cylinders 1-2. Replace all injectors and the cars perfect

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
My OBD2 is also saying something about o2 sensor an catalyst but those ***55357;***56390;***55356;***57341;are all the (codes) it gave me...??

·
Banned
1,891 Posts
My OBD2 is also saying something about o2 sensor an catalyst but those ***55357;***56390;***55356;***57341;are all the (codes) it gave me...??
All the fuel your injectors were shoving into the engine ruined your o2 sensor and looks like your cats too. You'll need new cats (may as well just get a downpipe and ecu tune for not much more money) and also new sensors .

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Well weeks later an lots of questions asked, internet research, calls made to BMW An mistakes made by BMW, injectors fell under the extended warranty an will be fixed for free by them. As well as everything that was effected by the failed injectors due to them missing the warranty on them the first trip my car took to BMW.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts