BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New the the forum. Like the title says I'm really interested in buying a 335 or just about anything with a manual and the n54. This would be my first bmw.

Would like to know common issues, what to stay away from and just a overall view owning a vehicle with a n54.

Thanks in advance

·
Sedan Driver
330 Posts
New the the forum. Like the title says I'm really interested in buying a 335 or just about anything with a manual and the n54. This would be my first bmw.

Would like to know common issues, what to stay away from and just a overall view owning a vehicle with a n54.

Thanks in advance
this might blow your mind but the F30 (the forum you're in) 335i doesn't have a N54 but only has a N55... you may want to go to the E90 forums

·
Registered
136 Posts
I'd want to be buying a low mileage unit if I were you. Lots of expensive parts in these turbo motors and the rest of the car too, start to need replacing some time after 80-100,000 miles. It's got to be pretty hard to find a 20-30,000 mile car in the earlier N54 E90 series. I think you need to look at 2013 or 14 and up to find a reasonable supply of low mileage cars to pick from.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts