BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The suspension is just a bit too vague for me, but I have no particular desire to shell out $1500 on a car I don't expect to have for more than a couple of years... (Certainly not past warranty expiration.)

Persuade me or dissuade me? :p I intend to install them myself. 90% of the tools I would have to buy anyway (floorjack, jackstands, etc...), so the cost of tools is not important.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I told you, I don't feel like spending $1500, Nate. :p

And I know the xi has shorter springs. I'm starting to think that I might as well try it. $200-$300 isn't much, anyhow. and most of the tools are needed for swaybars.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Kaz said:

Anyone make xi ones that have short enough travel so the halfshafts don't fall out?
H&R for $1500. Which is mor ethan I have any particular desire to spend.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
If I'm going to swap my car for another vehicle, it's going to be a new S4 Avant. :p I like the way AWD cars let you hammer the throttle indiscriminately. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
nate328Ci said:

It can't be that indiscriminate with open differentials and all season tires :dunno: Don't spin any of them?
Sadly, I have ADB-X, which can't be turned off. But it does fairly effective simulate the feel of the better AWD systems I've driven. I liked the feel of the car the one time I drove it with ADB disabled the hard way... Noticably faster, especially in turns... But I'm NOT goign to give up ABS for a bit of speed. Clutch dropping the WRX into a turn is FUN, though. :D

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
nate328Ci said:

ADB-X cannot be disabled?

The hard way? You didn't take the fuse out, did you? ;)
Of course I did. :p five or six of them, actually. :D

Edit: Gosh... 1300th post...

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
nate328Ci said:

I can't believe you pulled fueses to do that

I assume some warning lights came on, now you have fault codes saved on your OBC :dunno:
I had to try it. :)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.