BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
hey guys, having trouble finding some info using the search. does anyone have a link of what mileages service 1 and 2 are due at or know the info off hand? i have an 02 e46 M3. thanks

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ok thanks very much for the info. i bought the car with 31k on it so i can assume service 1 was done. so what your saying is service 2 wont be until 60 k or so? thanks very much

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
It depends, service intervals are done based on gas used. Run it hard and you can get Inspection 1 in about 15K miles, run it gently and it can go over 30K.

·
M Mad
10,476 Posts
Actually the inspections are every other service. It goes Oil Service, Inspection 1, Oil Service, Inspection 2, Oil service Inspection 1, etc.

When reset after a service/inspectiont eh counter starts at 15,525 miles and counts down based on how much gas you burn. If you drive mainly highways with a light foot, the service indicator could possibly INCREASE. On the track where I get under 5 MPG the thing drops like crazy. :) The faster interval between services I have heard of was somewhere around 7K miles. So bottom line is you can't tell by mileage.

If the car was serviced by BMW any dealer can print out the service record and tell what has been done and what hasn't been done. If done at indy shop, check the warranty/maintennace book to see if they filled out the service record, or ask previous owner fro reciepts.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts