BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
45 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm hoping that this is something that goes away when I get my abs module back from the rebuilder. Will it? I've read that this warning can show up if the gas cap isn't on correctly but that's not it. What else can I check?

btw, I sent my module to modulemasters to be rebuilt. They told me the core was bad. When I was checking around for another core, auto scientific told me that they're often able to fix modules that others say are unfixable so I took a chance. Sure enough, just got an email today that mine is working now. I'm stoked and think they're worth sharing. A module rebuild is $249. If they had to use another core, that would have been $150 extra and they had a couple in stock. www.autoecu.com

·
Registered
1,279 Posts
I don't think the ABS will set the CEL. The CEL is supposed to illuminate if there is a problem with a component that would cause the emissions to increase.

Take your car to AutoZone or a store like that and ask them to read the codes. If you post the results here, someone might be able to help.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts