BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

Service Engine Soon light came on in my 2003 325i SULEV 3 weeks ago.

Dealer Replaced following parts
1) Replaced Cam Sensor , after that light remained OFF for 1 day and then again came ON.
2) Then they replaced a check valve, when i picked up the car from dealership, light was still ON.
3) Then they replaced Mas Air flow Sensor to Air pump system, after that light remained OFF for 1 day and then again came ON.

My car has 30000 miles and is due for 30k service after 1500 miles.
At this point, I am frustrated :mad: and confused :confused: .

Has anybody experience similar to this?
Is this light related to upcoming 30k service?

thanks
rawnak

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
It is indeed "service engine soon". It is showing up in instrument cluster as attached symbol.

Also, it has been to dealer to 3 times for this light been ON , so if it was "Check Engine" light, he should have noticed it.

Attachments

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
^bump

Anybody with similar experience with "Service Engine Soon" Light?

Please help

--rawnak

·
Registered
26 Posts
What is the code being thrown? That's step one. If you don't have code reader go to Autozone and borrow/rent a reader. It's free. If your car is still under warranty, I'm surprised the dealer isn't figuring this out?

Find out what the code is and then search on that code number. You'll usually find out what the problem is. It's what I did when I found out P0128 was the thermostat. ;)

g-luck,

-travis

·
Banned
310 Posts
rawnak said:
Hi,

Service Engine Soon light came on in my 2003 325i SULEV 3 weeks ago.

Dealer Replaced following parts
1) Replaced Cam Sensor , after that light remained OFF for 1 day and then again came ON.
2) Then they replaced a check valve, when i picked up the car from dealership, light was still ON.
3) Then they replaced Mas Air flow Sensor to Air pump system, after that light remained OFF for 1 day and then again came ON.

My car has 30000 miles and is due for 30k service after 1500 miles.
At this point, I am frustrated :mad: and confused :confused: .

Has anybody experience similar to this?
Is this light related to upcoming 30k service?

thanks
rawnak
can you please tell us what was the complaint or fault code that is on the repair order?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts