BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello! I'm new on here and had my 2008 bmw 335i for about 4 months now. I have a question and was hoping someone could help me. I recently had a a/c compressor issue and had someone replace it. The a/c leaked and had some burned wires and fuses, those were replaced too. Ever since my a/c was fixed the service engine soon light turned on. We reset it and it came back on after a couple days. Could there be something else wrong? My windshield wiper fluid doesn't come out either, not sure if that has something to do with the light. I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks! :)

·
Registered
499 Posts
Your washer fluid is probably the washer pump. Did you actually have the codes read, or just cleared them? If you actually read them then what are they, if you just cleared without reading them then get it read then post what you're codes are.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I didn't have them read, do you think a place like autozone could read them? I didn't really want to bring it in to bmw until I had to. I heard they are pricey. I will call around to see who can read them. Thank you.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,991 Posts
+1 ArtTeach

Also, when you get the codes (not trying to be rude) you should post them in the E9x forum.

Edit: You must have hit POST while I was typing...Yes, in most states you can just go up to Autozone and they will read the codes.

·
Certifiable BMW Whackjob!
5,991 Posts
Sorry...a link to the E90/E91/E92/E93 (2006-2013) forum. You stated "2008 335i" so it should be an E9x, just not enough information to know which one (coupe, sedan, touring, convertible).

Or you could scroll up to the top and hold the mouse over the "Forums" button and then hold it over "3 Series" and you'll see it pop up to the right. And a tip about navigating bimmerfest...click on that "Forums" button and it will take you to a page that shows ALL the available forums on here.

A couple other tips since your new: part diagrams can be found at realoem.com and repair manuals are known as "Bentley's" (and they are expensive when new).

·
Registered
499 Posts
On a phone you would hit "forums" at the top left, right under the logo. Then look for and hit 3 series, it should be the third or fourth option. Then hit the E90 forum.

Or you can just hit the link in post #6. They will still need more info though try to post the actual code. Typically if it's just a misfire in one cylinder you would make sure the spark plug is torqued properly, then swap the coil pack from the misfiring cylinder with one from another cylinder to see if the code follows the coil pack. But that's assuming there is only one misfire.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts