BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My M5 has SES light on. Car functioning properly except slightly sluggish when accelerating. Gas mileage is approx 18.5mi/gal. Had the car scanned from Autozone(thanx to the forum) with code P1449...Diagnostic Module - Tank Leakage (Pump too high).

Any advice appreciated. Thx.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
175 Posts
Hmmmm...The symptoms sounds like it may be something else. Reset the light ad see if it comes back. Does the exhaust not seem to change in tone when accelerating? Having rough idle? Sounds like it may a CPS (cam positioning sensor) rathere common and simple but tedious(sp?) to replace. Also clean your MAFs, check air filters. Tell us what you find out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Light was reset before and came back on. Car is sluggish and sound seems to be muffled when accelerating. Also, idle seems to be slightly rough.

Called dealer and gave them the code...service tech said it was DMTL fuel pump problem. It does not make sense since the car is not sputtering/hesitating.

I'll do ur advice. thanks.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I replaced the gas cap and the acceleration feels normal again - not sluggish. The exhaust sound is defintely better and has different tones. Only thing is the SES light is still on. Probably cause I need to fill gas tank more than once.

DOes SES light reset by itself when there's gas cap leak?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello,

My BMW 325 is producing the same p1449 code that yours did. Can you tell me if you've fixed the problem? Was it the DMTL pump itself?

Thanks,
Phil
Champaign, Il

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I never had it fixed. Car functions and drives fine and I had it looked at by an indy shop. Code is an emission problem. I am leaving it alone for meantime. WIll bring to shop next week. I'll keep you updated.

·
Registered
25 Posts
:confused:

is it just me, or has it been a longgggggggggggggggg week

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
I do but in moderation. There's a lot of troopers in NJ hiding and waiting. I think they're using Laser and even with V1 it's hard to get comfortable driving fast.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts