BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Banned
247 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love to road bike and I've found a one man operation (owner=mechanic) where I get time and again great service - sorry for the brief digression.

As I mentioned in another post, I've just ordered our first Bimmer - a MT X3 - when I have the chance to talk to another Bimmer owner I ask about their service experience - and I've already got mixed reviews on the dealership where we've ordered the X3 - I've also posted on the New England regional forum for leads to great dealership service but I've gotten zip response.

And we want to feel comfortable even with service under the 50K/4 warranty - and so is it basically a word of mouth search ? also, are BMW dealerships rated for their service and is it published somewhere ? and finally how do you find independents that provide great service ?

Or maybe it's just hit or miss - one day you get great service from a particular dealership and a month later not so good ??

Your comments once again are appreciated .

·
Tar Heel Faithful
14,127 Posts
It will depend on region, and a lot of it is word of mouth, and even a particular service advisor may be better than others.

I drive an hour up to Baltimore for service because someone referred me to a person at Russell BMW, and he's always done a great job every time. There are no dealerships in the DC area that have consistently good reviews. I even remember when BMW of Fairfax seemed to do a nice thing by replacing my brakes towards the end of the 4/50k maintenance w/o the warning light. That is, until they sent my car thru their car wash without permission and made swirl marks.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts