BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all
i have a 99 Z3 COUPE and where the service indicator is located (at start up) i see a little clock and the maunal does not say what it is for
any ideas
robert baker
[email protected]

·
Registered
372 Posts
It thinks its time to change your brake fluid. Whether you think it is time is up to you.
The only known way to reset is to reset the service interval.

Funny, I've got a 99 too and the clock illuminated when I took it out of winter storage this past Spring. I've got a 9/98 Build Date, when's yours? Maybe its a simple count down clock. I haven't reset the lights. Don't look at them, so don't think about them when I'm futzing with the car.

·
Registered
13 Posts
When you reset your service indicator, Inspection/Oil you also have the option to reset a little clock that comes up. The number 4.08 was there and after I reset it went to 6.08

·
Registered
372 Posts
SInce I reset my lights with a length of wire shorting the terminals, I've never seen any numbers displayed, they just go out. :dunno:

What are you resetting the lights with and where do the numbers display?

·
Registered
13 Posts
I should specifiy. This is on a BMW 3 Series 2000. So when I reset my service indicator lights I can do it right on my dash. I took a picture for you

·
Registered
372 Posts
May want to try the 3 series board. Never saw such a display on a Z. Sorry.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.