Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,
I'm looking at buying a 2006 X5, the current owner says that the service light is on due to a clamp missing off the air filter, can this information be correct.
Thank you

·
Registered
8,890 Posts
Hi,
I'm looking at buying a 2006 X5, the current owner says that the service light is on due to a clamp missing off the air filter, can this information be correct.
Thank you
The person who would tell you "if this is correct" is the person you would take it to for a PRE PURCHASE INSPECTION.

No one here is going to be able to tell you what something "could be" or not... and I would ABSOLUTELY NOT listen to the current owner who is selling it with the light on for "insert simple issue here".

If the issue was simple, they would get it fixed... right? If its something simple and cheap to fix a service / check engine light, the owner would likely get it fixed so they did not have to deal with people asking about it during the sale of the car.

The fact its NOT fixed means either its not simple, or it is simple but the owner did not take care of the car.

Get a pre purchase inspection if you are thinking about buying this car, or resign yourself to a world of hurt over it later.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts