BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

service question

1131 Views 3 Replies 4 Participants Last post by  Chris325i
8,000 miles on my car, 2005 330i

I was driving from AZ to TX and during the trip my winshield washer fluid light came on and before I got to TX my wiper blades started to smear instead of clear my winshield.

When I arrived in TX I took my car to the local dealer to get the blades replaced and washer fluid added.

After they changed the blades and added fluid I got stuck with a bill for $24.00, arent those items covered?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
Yes, both of those should be covered by the maintenance program. Where in Texas as this, and which dealership?
BrianS said:

I was driving from AZ to TX and during the trip my winshield washer fluid light came on and before I got to TX my wiper blades started to smear instead of clear my winshield.

When I arrived in TX I took my car to the local dealer to get the blades replaced and washer fluid added.

After they changed the blades and added fluid I got stuck with a bill for $24.00, arent those items covered?
:yikes: I would've raised hell! It explicitly states in the maintenance manual that wiper blades are covered under full maintenance. Windshield fluid is not.
BrianS said:

They may have done wiper blades under maintenance program and charged you for the wiper fluid. $24 may seem like a lot, but my dealer charges $45 just for wiper blades (parts & labor). Did you get a detailed receipt ?
1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.