BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Am i right in saying that if you were to service your own car with genuine parts and according to the bmw service guide you will not invalidate your warranty? Thought id do it myself rather than pay them a packet?

·
Registered
535 Posts
good question, I will be doing all my own service. I do not think warranty would be voided.

·
Registered
353 Posts
No, doing the work yourself will NOT void the warranty.

In fact, they can not void the warranty on your entire car anyway, even if you use aftermarket parts, at least in the U.S. (don't know about where you are) due to the Magnuson/Moss warranty act.

Here, only the warranty on the original part that was replaced can be voided, unless it can be proven that the part caused collateral damages elsewhere in the vehicle (ex. oversized rims causing premature shock absorber wear).

·
Registered
850 Posts
One thing I would mention is SAVE ALL RECEIPTS, for Oil, Filters EVERYTHING

·
Registered
32 Posts
You have to keep the receipts for the parts. This way you have documented proof to demonstrate that you attempted to maintain the car. Rule of thumb is an invoice for the parts and dated entries when you do the work. The manual has/had a few pages at the end to use as a journal for the dated entries.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts