BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone with any factual information on termination of a lease because of military orders to a foreign country outside of the continental US would be greatly appreciated. The law says that since I am active duty military, if I receive orders off of CONUS for over 180 days, I can terminate my lease early with no early termination fee, but I was wondering what would I be required to pay when I turn in my car.

I understand if I have excess wear or damage, and even the normal end of lease turn-in fee, but how is milage calculated? If I have a 15K mile/year allowance on a three year lease and I terminate my lease after two years with 40K miles on it, how would the extra 5K miles be calculated if I honestly expected to turn the car in with 45K miles at the end of the 3 years?

I know this is a rambling posting, but I hope you fully understand what I am asking. Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
29 Posts
I used the Servicemembers Civil Relief Act to terminate my lease last fall. I didn't pay for any fees, however, I was only about 3 months into my lease. Go to your dealer and explain to them your situation and they should refer you to a rep in the BMW Lease Department (or equivalent -- I was actually turning in an Infiniti G35) that specifically caters to these special case lease terminations. They will set you up for an appointment for a vehicle lease return inspection with an outside third party inspector who will forward the results to BMW. Since you haven't exceeded the total mileage of the lease, there shouldn't be a problem or fees as long as the car is in decent shape -- the lease rep usually tries to help out us servicemembers. It was a very easy and painless process with Inifiniti. Best of luck!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts