BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just bought my FIRST BMW a few weeks ago. :thumbup: It didn't come with an owner's manual (but I'm trying to purchase one on ebay). At anyrate, with the recent time change, my clock is still showing an hour later than it really is. How do I change the clock? :dunno: I have a 1999 328i. Thanks bunches! ;) KRISTIE

·
24/7 Bimmer Addict
514 Posts
kaleighsmommy said:
Just bought my FIRST BMW a few weeks ago. :thumbup: It didn't come with an owner's manual (but I'm trying to purchase one on ebay). At anyrate, with the recent time change, my clock is still showing an hour later than it really is. How do I change the clock? :dunno: I have a 1999 328i. Thanks bunches! ;) KRISTIE
You could go to the www.bmwusa.com website and go to owners circle. Input your VIN number and then download the owners manuel.

·
Registered
355 Posts
and spend hours reading :thumbup:

Here's cliffnote sytle for you

You just need to hold down the "clock" button for a few second. The display will lite up. Now, you will notice the 1, 10, 100, 1000 button. Press the "1" button until your desire time.

You're done

·
Registered
1 Posts
easy enough adjusting the time on your bmw!

:thumbup: turn your key to the on position then theres a BC button on your blinker switch....push that in till the clock is displayed on th screen between your speed and rpm. once you see the clock theres two buttons one that resets your odometer on the left and one on the right....twist the one on the right hard to the right and the time will change the longer you hold it the faster it will change, you keep holding it there till you reach the desired time and am/pm you need. once the time is set you can push that same button in all the way to change it from 24 to 12 hour settings. took me a while to figure it out myself so as easy as it is once you do it you would still like to wander why bmw didnt make it easier. hope that helped!!!!!!!!!!!;)

·
Registered
182 Posts
my 94 325i might be different but it's under the climate control

i typically disconnect my battery so i can change the time, then i input like they said with the 1, 10, 100, 1000 buttons until the correct time is done, then i input the date

a bit of a hassle really

·
Registered
6 Posts
My 1995 does not have the BC button, I went to BMW USA and looked but they do not have an owners manual on file in the owners section. I have an owners manual, somewhere... I am trying to change the clock from 24 hour to 12 hour display. (We have moved and many things are...somewhere in a box, I hate moving!)

·
Registered
13,121 Posts
Go to the E36 Super Sticky and then click on the Useful Links link. The first link, BMW Manuals will take you to a site where you can download the manual for your E36.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.