BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm about to start the price negotiation process on a 2006 3 Series. Anyone have any strong opinions / recommendations around which of the myriad Bay Area dealers I ought start with?

Thanks!

·
Registered
275 Posts
Resker,

Like Wagonman, I bought mine from Peter Pan BMW. However, I worked with Dick Rebozzi (proper spelling of his last name escapes at the moment). Overall, experience was good.

Also, as an added wrinkle to the buying process, I actually went through the Costco auto program, wherein it referred me to Peter Pan BMW. I felt like I got a great deal. So, don't know how far along the process you are...but you may want to check it out. PM me if want to know more about the Costco experience.

Otherwise, you may want to consider Weatherford BMW in Emeryville. My family had a good experience with them when we picked up our first BMW...many, many years ago.

Good luck! Of course, when the dust settles, pics, pic, pics!!!

Flex

·
In a ton of debt...
1,837 Posts
ktc said:
Michael Borbet at BMW of Mountain View gets my vote. Very fair guy.
Second the vote for Michael Borbet. He and Lonnie Philips took care of my ED deal, which includes switching the car I was going to pick up (from a sedan to a coupe) 3 weeks before pickup. They did they magic, traded the car with another dealership for one with my exact specs, and off I went.

·
Premium Member
5,938 Posts
Would any of you like to post how much you paid? Just give us a dollar amount over US invoice or Euro invoice if you did a ED.

My experience hasn't been all that great buying BMWs in the Bay Area and so I've purchased my last two BMWs in Oregon.

However, I'm always willing to give the local guys a shot if it is worth my time. Going to Oregon to retrieve my car is semi-painful but my dealer there is very good.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Ågent99 said:
Would any of you like to post how much you paid? Just give us a dollar amount over US invoice or Euro invoice if you did a ED.

My experience hasn't been all that great buying BMWs in the Bay Area and so I've purchased my last two BMWs in Oregon.

However, I'm always willing to give the local guys a shot if it is worth my time. Going to Oregon to retrieve my car is semi-painful but my dealer there is very good.
Agent99,

I saved ~$1600 off MSRP in 2003 for my 3. The price was for the following options - Performance Package, moon roof, split fold-down seats w/ski bag, and Xenons.

Hope this helps.

Flex

·
Registered
145 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ågent99 said:

Are there any tax advantages to buying in Oregon? BTW, thanks to everyone for their advice!

·
humanum est errare
652 Posts
Viraj Kumar @ BMW of Mountain View (fka Allison BMW).
Mark Gusto at BMW of SF.

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
Galun said:
Second the vote for Michael Borbet. He and Lonnie Philips took care of my ED deal, which includes switching the car I was going to pick up (from a sedan to a coupe) 3 weeks before pickup. They did they magic, traded the car with another dealership for one with my exact specs, and off I went.
I'd stay away from those guys. :mad:

·
Registered
43 Posts
John Ward of Niello BMW... Sacramento.
Very enthusiastic and extremely knowledgeable. Helpful also!

·
humanum est errare
652 Posts
arnolds said:
Lets just say they are not fans of this site and its great ability to educate the bmw buying public. :confused:
Yeah, I'd have to agree. When I bought my first bimmer (2003 325i), I dealt with Lonnie via the internet. Lonnie would not give me a price over the internet. Viraj, at the same dealership, on the other hand, did a great job for me, searching their in-transit cars to get me a quote based on my most desirable options on our X3. He pushed to get me car to the dealership from VPC in SoCal so that I didn't risk losing the step incentive that BMW was offering, at that time.

·
In a ton of debt...
1,837 Posts
arnolds said:
Lets just say they are not fans of this site and its great ability to educate the bmw buying public. :confused:
Humm. I had a different experience. I used the Rizzo method and he was the first one to respond. Very straight forward, met all my terms, and didn't try to pull any tricks.

Oh well...

·
Bimmerfest Founder
15,590 Posts
Galun said:
Humm. I had a different experience. I used the Rizzo method and he was the first one to respond. Very straight forward, met all my terms, and didn't try to pull any tricks.

Oh well...
Galun,

No offense to you at all, but Lonnie Phillips and BMW of Mountain View are on the official Bimmerfest Sh*t list.

I personally recommend that all Bimmerfest members avoid that dealership
like The Plague.

At some point I will post the "Now it can be told" thread...

·
Registered
457 Posts
arnolds said:
Hmm, I'm not sure if being a fan of bimmerfest should be a prerequisite for being a good dealer. (I suppose it's a different matter if they are averse to educated public, but I generally have high regard for Allison BMW). I'd think being straight and honest is more important.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.