BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

· Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 92 325i 5spd... the problem i am having is at approximatley 23-25 mph the the car shakes for a few seconds like something is off balance, you can feel the wobble the strongest directly under the center arm rest atop the transmisson. thats the only time it does it runs drives and shifts perfect any other time.it has jut started doing this within the last week..i dont know if this would be related but i have noticed that SOMETIMES when you push the clutch in and put the car in gear you can feel it engage or move a little..thanks for reading and any imput you may have.

· some kid
10,570 Posts
From your description of pushing the clutch in, it could likely be your flex disk (guibo). It's the rubber piece in between the driveshaft and the transmission. Get under the car and check to see if it's torn apart or loose. Also, maybe let someone move the rear wheel back and forth (with transmission in neutral) to see if there's any slack in the flex disk.

If that checks out, I would turn to the driveshaft center support bearing (CSB). That's more likely to cause the vibration, although it's strange that you only get it in second gear at a certain speed.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.