BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just 24 hours ago i was still on the fence about ED. i dont like to waste money and buying a new car is a waste of money, especially if upgrade is minor (745->750)

but yesterday i pulled the trigger and finally got the tickets and now i am shaking with anticipation of the trip. this is something i need to do. while i am young and single.

i fly in early morning of june 20th which is monday and go straight to the pickup center. coming back to the states is july 5th. delta airlines with stop in atlanta.

i never been to europe. i dont speak german or italian (i will be driving to italy for a wedding) and i have no plans what-so-ever after wedding is done (23rd). i guess i will be just driving around europe, talking to goodlooking girls and enjoying the sights.

counting the days to the trip and getting goosebumps...

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
e36M3r said:
That does sound fairly promising! :rofl:
hey, what camera do you use? i have an old crappy 4MP Minolta and i am going to buy a new camera for my trip. Thinking new powershot G6

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
will-san said:
What I wouldn't give to be a single guy in a new 750 at a wedding in Italy.
how about most of your 20s slaving away 80hr a week at a dotcom while your friends partied, traveled, gotten married and started families? :cry:

·
Spartacus_33
813 Posts

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
Congrats!
A word for the wise, be careful with where you take that big 7 series in Italy. Any town can have very narrow claustrophobic streets. Also, the mopeds and bikes will not give you much room at all.
Otherwise, enjoy. And DO make friends with lots of young single women on your trip!

·
Registered
457 Posts
yan_745Li said:
how about most of your 20s slaving away 80hr a week at a dotcom while your friends partied, traveled, gotten married and started families? :cry:
I thought all dotcom guys were out on the street pushing shopping carts. How did you manage to trade in your worthless stock certificates for a bimmer?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Good move on the ED. You will not regret it. I just returned Friday. Picked up my M3 and drove it around for three weeks, including a quick trip to northern Italy - Lago di Garda (or something like that).

Have a great time on your ED adventure. :thumbup:

Attachments

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
MforFun said:
Good move on the ED. You will not regret it. I just returned Friday. Picked up my M3 and drove it around for three weeks, including a quick trip to northern Italy - Lago di Garda (or something like that).

Have a great time on your ED adventure. :thumbup:
nice. did they drill holes in your front bumper by any chances? the plate has four holes: two on top and two on the bottom. did they use all four or just the top two to mount the plate? thx.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
thenobot said:
The trick is to choose one's dotcom *wisely* :)

( high - five, jan )
yep, high - five zack :)

·
Registered
340 Posts
yan_745Li said:
just 24 hours ago i was still on the fence about ED. i dont like to waste money and buying a new car is a waste of money, especially if upgrade is minor (745->750)

but yesterday i pulled the trigger and finally got the tickets and now i am shaking with anticipation of the trip. this is something i need to do. while i am young and single.

i fly in early morning of june 20th which is monday and go straight to the pickup center. coming back to the states is july 5th. delta airlines with stop in atlanta.

i never been to europe. i dont speak german or italian (i will be driving to italy for a wedding) and i have no plans what-so-ever after wedding is done (23rd). i guess i will be just driving around europe, talking to goodlooking girls and enjoying the sights.

These goosebumps are nothing compared to the ones you will get entering the delivery center. CONGRATS! Aah... 750, Italy, wedding, single, June... you lucky dog!

You have enough time to drive the heck out of the car and do the entire Italian and French Rivieras.

Good luck!

·
Have a world-class day
756 Posts
You will never forget this trip of a lifetime, it is well worth the wait. I have yet to hear any complaints about ED even now with the unfavourable rates. Do be careful on that big car and the tiny roads in Italy, my 5series was scary going to Bellagio from Lecco. Like FQ said, the goosebumps will be nothing compared to the ones at the delivery center. Enjoy the ride. :thumbup:

·
Registered
23 Posts
yan_745Li said:
nice. did they drill holes in your front bumper by any chances? the plate has four holes: two on top and two on the bottom. did they use all four or just the top two to mount the plate? thx.
I don't know if they drilled any holes. I did not pay that much attention. Sorry no help there.

·
Registered
688 Posts
yan_745Li said:

Please do not waste your time in the Rivieras. There are much better places in Italy, trust me. If I remember correctly, I think your wedding was in Tuscany, right? Being single with a new 750 and attending a wedding in which there probably will be at least a handful of single italian women, you would have to be really ugly not to get laid at least several times. By the way, Yan, I will see you there on June 20, since I am also picking up a 750i that day. And to respond to Will-San, I would not give up my beautiful family to be a single guy in any part of the world. Therefore, I will enjoy Yan's scoop vicariously when he comes back and tells us about his trip.

P.D. I just remembered, the Palio in Siena is from June 29 to July 2. If you can make it, you can't miss this. It looks like you will be in the area. Check this website-www.paliosiena.com.

Also, did you get your ED packet? I got mine Thursday in the mail. Also, let me know at what time you will get to Freiman so I can be there before you do...ja

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
neurom said:
Please do not waste your time in the Rivieras. There are much better places in Italy, trust me. If I remember correctly, I think your wedding was in Tuscany, right? Being single with a new 750 and attending a wedding in which there probably will be at least a handful of single italian women, you would have to be really ugly not to get laid at least several times.
hehe, but its not an italian wedding. a friend of mine, who is russian is getting married to an american girl. so it will be american/russian wedding. and i already did the research - there will no action for a single guy :)

neurom said:
By the way, Yan, I will see you there on June 20, since I am also picking up a 750i that day.
sweet. you'll see me. i am 6'2", 225lb. what color is yours? mine is silver on black. will have to take pics of our cars next to each other

neurom said:
Also, did you get your ED packet? I got mine Thursday in the mail. Also, let me know at what time you will get to Freiman so I can be there before you do...ja
dont have my packet yet. paying for the car monday. chances are my friend will pick me up from the airport and drive me to delivery center. i should be there around 10am on 20th.

will be looking forward to seeing you there. are you neurobmw on roadfly?

·
weissbiermeister
1,256 Posts
You've got to be kidding. Russian girls are supposed to be HOT and good to go!

·
Registered
688 Posts
yan_745Li said:
hehe, but its not an italian wedding. a friend of mine, who is russian is getting married to an american girl. so it will be american/russian wedding. and i already did the research - there will no action for a single guy :)

sweet. you'll see me. i am 6'2", 225lb. what color is yours? mine is silver on black. will have to take pics of our cars next to each other

dont have my packet yet. paying for the car monday. chances are my friend will pick me up from the airport and drive me to delivery center. i should be there around 10am on 20th.

will be looking forward to seeing you there. are you neurobmw on roadfly?
Russian/american wedding...I guess Italy was a neutral place for them. I'm 5'9, 170. Mine is Monaco Blue with natural brown. You will get your packet about a week after paying for it. If your dealer is not experienced with ED, make sure they do the paper work promptly.

Yes, I am neurobmw on roadfly. I'm looking forward to seeing you there. I am sure I will be there before they open. We can have a bagle and coffee together perhaps.

I strongly suggest you take a look at the Palio of Siena, since you will be in the area during that week. I wanted to make it this year, but with two young kids with me on the trip, I decided to stay in Germany.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.