BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I share the information of my experiences.
I'm not saying that you should do, or agree with what I do.
You have to decide that.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
I share the information of my experiences.
I'm not saying that you should do, or agree with what I do.
You have to decide that.
If you like it, we love it:thumbup:

Broad appeal:
Cosmetic
Convenience
Competition

Surely something for all of us!

·
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor
1,687 Posts
Happy New Year, Ron.

As one of the many new BMW and new M Roadster owners that have benefitted from your help and insights, thank you very much! Your "unofficial" web site, your direct help, and your comments here and elsewhere have made my new ownership experience more fun (the most important part) with fewer surprises.

Thanks!

PS: This applies to you, too, Randy.

·
Investigative Tinkerer
5,011 Posts
phrider said:
PS: This applies to you, too, Randy.
Thanks!
Glad you're enjoying your car (I'm miserable if I don't have something to work on/play with).

·
Equine 1/4 miler ancestor
1,687 Posts
Oh, do I have the "must be working or have a project" problem!

Ron -- we've seen by your hours that you seem to spend 18+ hours some days on your projects. And we benefit from your sharing.

I'm kinda glad that I'm still working (and will be doing so for a decade or two) because I know I'll spend more project money and time in retirement than I can now. I'll be even busier if I wasn't "working."

·
Living on the redline
27,238 Posts
Ron Stygar said:
Yes. I like the car a lot.
Ron's no dummy, just the opposite :D

TeamZ4

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
Share the info . . .

Hi all - back from vacation.

We've certainly all benefitted from the expertise on this forum. On many occasions I have been cross posting the threads here on other b'fest boards (like the DIY) and even on bimmerforums to help share the info.

Thanks for the contributions. :thumbup:

·
Premium Member
4,073 Posts
Re: Share the info . . .

scottn2retro said:
Hi all - back from vacation.

We've certainly all benefitted from the expertise on this forum. On many occasions I have been cross posting the threads here on other b'fest boards (like the DIY) and even on bimmerforums to help share the info.

Thanks for the contributions. :thumbup:
I don't ever read the DIY board. I read the general board because I'm an admin there and I happen to like E46s. Does anyone think we have too many boards? What if the DIY, general, and M-series boards went away? Would that irritate people? It seems like a waste to have to cross post stuff. New buyer, Dear Jon, ED, Car Flaunt, track boards are ok because they are sufficiently different. But it seems like model-specific boards are the way to go. I can see a general classifieds board for stuff for sale that is not model specific, but even for sale stuff should be on model-specific boards like ToadFly used to do until I inadvertantly caused all that mahem.

I'm not saying things should change necessarily, but maybe we should think about it.

·
Im here
4,825 Posts
well im sure he might disagree with me but i think that ron stygar should have his own forum in a sense. there is alot of info that he posts here but it is soon lost as the threads go down by dates.
im always trying to look back in the past threads for his and leatherz mods..
or even have a z and z4 only mod board ohh ok now im getting greedy

·
into things retro
4,541 Posts
01silz3 said:
well im sure he might disagree with me but i think that ron stygar should have his own forum in a sense. there is alot of info that he posts here but it is soon lost as the threads go down by dates.
I thought this was Ron's forum :D but even if there was a Ron only board, the threads would still go down the board. Fortunately, the search works pretty well here.

Cross posting does takes some effort, but for some threads I think it's worth it. I usually put a reminder to check this board regularly. :)

I think Jon and Clem work out the Forum layouts and may be open to suggestions. There is always the trade-off of people being able to keep up with everything they want to without looking in a lot of places for it (few boards) vs. being able to go to a few boards with the specific content in mind (more boards of specific topics). I think the addition of some boards recently was in anticipation increased posting heading into the upcoming b'fest, when threads will fly down the general board. One thing I think Jon doesn't like is creating boards that get little use (so far, the 7 series, X series and Mini boards get little posting).

1 - 12 of 12 Posts