BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Plays with a stick
1,735 Posts
Try the Turner Motorsports website. They have charts of the expected horsepower gains forr various models. For the 528i, its a very modest gain.

·
Registered
235 Posts
You will notice an increase in pull (increased hp), and top end speed w/ Shark Injector...I most recently took my bimmer ( '00, 528i ) up to 140mph on the highway (w/Shark)...
took a while to get into the 120's before I installed Shark...

·
Premium Member
7,584 Posts
chgolatin2 said:
Is the mod worth it? :dunno: Any opinions or experience with it let me know, thanks!
My only opinion is that if you get one of these software mods, Jim Conforti's is the only one worth getting. He posts on the FerrariList (which is strange, since he doesn't make anything for Ferrari), but his technical knowledge and helpfulness is incredible. Has made me into a loyal supporter. Just wish he made something for the 540...after no results, pleading with him, I ended up getting the Dinan software. (though he did offer to remove the speedlimiter off my DME for free if I sent it to him/like I said NICE guy).

I think you should keep you expectations low on this particular change; but it WILL make an improvement, and also removes the speed limiter. I'd do it, esp on a 528.

·
Registered
277 Posts
Kingster5 said:
You will notice an increase in pull (increased hp), and top end speed w/ Shark Injector...I most recently took my bimmer ( '00, 528i ) up to 140mph on the highway (w/Shark)...
If i where you i would get the car checked up, it does well over 140mph stock.
My Touring runs faster then 140, and that was bone stock, now it breaks the 155 barrier, but im unsure of how healty that is since the rpm is way up there :)

This shoot was taken by my backseat passanger during a run in Garmany last year, 3ppl in the car and luggage.

·
Registered
235 Posts
U.S. Model BMW 528's ('97-'00) are governed to top out at 128 - 130 mph stock :( from Dealer...that's just the breaks :thumbdwn: However, Give big props to the enthusiasts!
For they bring the toys :thumbup:

·
Plays with a stick
1,735 Posts
Kingster5 said:
I have the Shark and was able to get to 137 (only tried this once and didn't want to hang with it any longer to see if it would go higher but I don't think it will). You'll notice a slight increase in acceleration but don't expect much. Is it worth it? Thats up to you :dunno: Some would be disappointed at the modest gain it provides. I'm satisfied that it is at least some kind of improvement, with no noticible loss of gas mileage and it still operates with stock reliability and driving attributes. (No stumbling in some RPM ranges that I've seen in some other cars with software added)

·
Stimulus Package
4,245 Posts
Yes, I know this is an old thread. :D But I try not to start new ones when there's an existing one on the same subject.

I'm just wondering if anyone has any experience with these things in a 530. I've been told they're a waste of money by someone whose opinion I'm inclined to trust, but it seems there might be other views.

·
Registered
529 Posts
I have experience with it on a non-ZHP 330, so it should apply to you. My friend Sharked his car, and loved it. The car was un-sharked a few times when he was having certain dealer repairs done, and it always made a difference everytime he took it off, and put it back on.

It may not make big numbers on a dyno (I dont know what the exact gains are), but it did make a difference in the drivability of the car which we both notcied, and loved. Definitely made the car more fun to drive.

If they make one for the 540 that makes anywhere as near as an improvement, I'd definitely get it.

·
Registered
598 Posts
tsaros said:
If i where you i would get the car checked up, it does well over 140mph stock.
My Touring runs faster then 140, and that was bone stock, now it breaks the 155 barrier, but im unsure of how healty that is since the rpm is way up there :)

This shoot was taken by my backseat passanger during a run in Garmany last year, 3ppl in the car and luggage.

Mine goes almost 150 no problem :) see the avatar, it is no mock up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts