BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
43 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hola Senors,

Not very often that I come in these neck of the woods. I own an E39 528, but when it comes to mods you 3'ers seem to have more expirience than us 5'ers :)
Getting to the point; I am currently awaiting for my M50 intake manifold to come in. I was looking for a chip, and I heard great stuff about the Shark Injector. Now, the question is: Can I safely use the Shark Injector ALONG with the manifold, or is it better to use one or the other. Im asking this since I heard that the Shark Injector was specifically programmed with use of the Conforti CAI. May seem like a dumb question, but hey what am I gunna do :dunno:

Another question that is not as stupid is: Can I use a similar CAI to that of the Conforti and recieve the same amount of gains as I would if I used the Conforti CAI (Keeping in mind that I am going to install the Shark Injector, which was basically made to go Hand-in-hand with the Conforti CAI) I am wondering because eurosport is advertising the gain of the Injector and Conforti CAI to be rated at 30 hp :p But the CAI from Conforti seems the same as other, less-expensive kits. Is there something behind its design that is not visible to the eye? Maybe a different type of filter? Do you think if I wanted anything near that advertised gain I should stick to the conforti CAI, or should I take my chances with a least expensive one? Sumthing like this:
http://www.racdyn-usa.com/Merchant2/merchant.mvc?Screen=PROD&Product_Code=142.52.39.104&Category_Code=e39tun

One more thing (I promise) Any reviews of any of these mods (preferably from the 328 fellas, same M52 engine. but from anyone else too) is also much appreciated

Thanks guys :thumbup:

·
Registered
513 Posts
If you were to go the cheap way out by a heat shield and k&n cone filter with mainfold pipe. IMO all the big name and expensive cold air intakes are the same as the cheaper ones. K&N is a top company as everyone knows so thats what I run, a K&n cone filter with manifold for 55 shipped off ebay and a heat shield made for my car for around 55 shipped as well. Total cost for cold air intake setup= 110 dollars or so depending on how cheap you can get the heat shield for. I dont see how the mor eexpensive intakes add more hp than the one I have, etc. Do what you want but if it were me I would do what I have. By the way if you want a chip by a turner motorsports chip those are awesome. I noticed a huge power gain ever since getting one. Good luck

1 - 4 of 4 Posts