BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know if I can order the rear door handles from a E36 sedan in order to replace my E36 coupe door handles with de-locked ones? Are they the same size? Same mounting points?

Thanks,
Brian

·
Registered
33 Posts
to consider....

WOW!!!:thumb: your car looks GREAT with those wheels!!!! i never saw a M3 with that style wheel mounted (those are 00-01 325 wheels, right?)

anyways...are you looking to shave your locks for aesthetics or security? my 01 330ci was broken into (they punched the whole lock cylinder out) and i considered shaving the locks on my car. but then after further thought, if you make it harder for them to get it (and they WILL get in if they want to) they may cause more damage to your door busting off your new spiffy lock cover.

i know it's strange logic...but there was thankfully no damage whatsoever to my door lock or paint because the lock cyl came out nice and easy. so it was cheaper to repair in the end.

just something to think about...

·
I like cookies.
18,102 Posts
Re: to consider....

debaser330ci said:
WOW!!!:thumb: your car looks GREAT with those wheels!!!! i never saw a M3 with that style wheel mounted (those are 00-01 325 wheels, right?)
Those are Type 44 wheels used on 1999-2000 328i SPs, 2000 323Ci SPs and all 325 SPs...

IMO, the best looking factory rim...

·
Rest in peace, Coach
9,106 Posts
BlackM said:
Does anybody know if I can order the rear door handles from a E36 sedan in order to replace my E36 coupe door handles with de-locked ones? Are they the same size? Same mounting points?

Thanks,
Brian
What you CAN do is find the part number for a UK production car for the LEFT door handle (their lock cylinder is on the OTHER side) and use that to cover up your door lock cylinder.

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Re: Re: Shaved door locks..

The HACK said:

What you CAN do is find the part number for a UK production car for the LEFT door handle (their lock cylinder is on the OTHER side) and use that to cover up your door lock cylinder.
I think E36s all had key locks in both doors; I believe it was only when BMW went to offering a keyless entry system standard in the E46 that they deleted the passenger side lock cylinder.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.