BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

She still cleans up nice

2329 Views 12 Replies 7 Participants Last post by  dwm
Too bad I didn't finish waxing until the sun was down. I used a new bottle of Meguiar's NXT. I must be a poster child for waxes, I don't think this car has seen the same base wax more than once and my wax shelf might have more types of waxes than the local auto store. For a single-stage polymer, this is a nice wax and the price is right. Like most polymers, it buffs easily and leaves a slick surface (bugs don't stick). I didn't do a full polish today; clayed the car, but only polished the hood. Fenders and trunk lid will get polished next time. Doors look fine at the moment.

Note the quantity of silt on the asphalt in the second picture. Much of that came off the underside. Price I pay for having to drive 1/4 mile of dirt road to get home. It was clean just two weeks ago when I put the subframe back in.

I'm back to using Wheel Wax on the wheels. I had forgotten how nice this product is to use. Works well as a cleaner (takes off water spots), hazes quickly, changes from yellow to white when it hazes. No muss no fuss.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
http://www.properautocare.com/menzernafmj.html
dwm said:
Too bad I didn't finish waxing until the sun was down. I used a new bottle of Meguiar's NXT. I must be a poster child for waxes, I don't think this car has seen the same base wax more than once and my wax shelf might have more types of waxes than the local auto store. For a single-stage polymer, this is a nice wax and the price is right.
ZAINO ZAINO ZAINO.

lasts longer than gum on your shoe.

shines like a chrome ball.

ZAINO ZAINO ZAINO
Damn, that first pic is awesome - I would love to have a flat enough driveway to be able to get my car up like that. :thumbup:

Especially after four months of winter driving. That would be perfect for a chasis power wash.

Congrats on the super clean M!

Ron is bad for my pocketbook

But good for my car.

I don't need Zaino. I don't need any too-many-steps concourse process that isn't going to look concourse beyond my driveway; I live on a dirt road. :) The name of the game for me is ease of application (since it'll be frequent), ease of buffing, no long periods of waiting, and of course something that'll last more than a couple of weeks (the dirt road means very frequent washing, sometimes many times a week, to give you an idea I own more than a dozen large microfiber drying towels and I've been known to diry all of them in a week).

That's menzerna FMJ over their glaze.

To be honest, the Meguiar's NXT looked just as good.

I really like the menzerna 'Intensive Polish'. Dealt with an area that's been a problem for all my other polishes, with ease. It's not their regular-use polish, it's their aggressive stuff. Low effort, works great. Better than Scratch-X, any of my 3M rubbing compounds, and any of my machine polishes (I'm unwilling to run the circular on this car at this date; most of the paint is in very good shape).

I also finally tried the Griot's Fine Glass Polish today. It works well, and easily removed hard water spots that normally require a lot of elbow grease with the microfiber towel. Now if it could only remove the pits. :)
Pinnacle Souveran is the easiest to apply and remove wax I've tried thus far. I'm realy happy with it on my car but we will see what the longevity is like
It doesn't get much simpler than Zaino; Wash the car, wax, buff.

Have you ever tried it?

In the words of Steve (Guru Wax Report), "Zaino is effortless to buff off. It practically falls off the car."

Z2 Pro lasts for 6 months.

Just trading wax talk :)

Your car looks fantastic. I love post-detailing pics.
Derned fine job there sir! :thumbup:
dwm said:
I don't need Zaino. I don't need any too-many-steps concourse process that isn't going to look concourse beyond my driveway; I live on a dirt road. :) The name of the game for me is ease of application (since it'll be frequent), ease of buffing, no long periods of waiting, and of course something that'll last more than a couple of weeks
Microfiber towel

I also finally tried the Griot's Fine Glass Polish today. It works well, and easily removed hard water spots that normally require a lot of elbow grease with the microfiber towel. Now if it could only remove the pits. :)
I finally purchased one today at sale for $19.99. Free shipping "STOPS" today. (03/19/12)
I use Wolfgang Paint Sealant and it is the best I have used so far. My Cosmos Black Metallic paint was never as shiny and easy to get clean with anything else. Waxes are never good on a dark color car as the temperature of the paint gets high enough to melt the wax and then dirt particles stick to it and are hard to get off. The sealants are the way to go. IMHA
It's been 7 years since my last post in this thread...

I'm currently using Wolfgang DGPS 3.0 on the roadster, mostly because I like their compatible Spritz Sealant for day-to-day (applied after cleaning with spray-on car wash and detailing spray) and I bought Wolfgang stuff via AutoGeek buy one get one free deals. But I have many others in my arsenal. I continue to like Menzerna Power Lock, Klasse AIO for some things, Chemical Guys Black Light, others. Many good sealant products available these days!
Where do you get them?
It's been 7 years since my last post in this thread...

I continue to like Menzerna Power Lock, Klasse AIO for some things, Chemical Guys Black Light, others.
I get Menzerna products from Amazon (TCP Global, but I get free shipping from Amazon) or autogeek.net. Wolfgang and Klasse from autogeek.net. Chemical Guys from chemicalguys.com.

Most of my microfiber towels come from Chemical Guys these days, with the exception of the towels I use for day-to-day spray-on car wash... I use the Griot's microfiber spray-on car wash cloths there because they're denser than the Chemical Guys shaggy fur-ball towels. I buy Griot's products from Advance Auto Parts now to get free shipping and to take advantage of the many coupon codes that Advance always has active. I recently bought five more 3-packs of the Griot's spray-on car wash microfiber cloths from Advance, and with the right coupon code, I paid about the same as Griot's direct would charge for three 3-packs and the shipping was free (and fast... I ordered Sunday night and had them on Tuesday).

Much of my bulk has been slowly converting to Chemical Guys. I wish the shipping was cheaper, and that their web site content didn't seem to come from a 16 year old, but I like the products I have from them. CG Speed Wipe, Black Light, Hybrid V7, microfiber wash, Diablo, etc.
Where do you get them?
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.