BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife's brother got totally jacked by Shelly BMW. He bought his new M5 at Long Beach BMW but brought the car to Shelly BMW (closer to his business) for it's 1200 mile break-in oil change and inquired about installing IPOD integration (not realizing he had it already). They quote him $900 and he stupidly agrees to it without blinking an eye.

Problem is that unbeknownst to him, he already had this feature installed in his center console! They install it in his glovebox to make it look like they did something special. That's the dirtiest crap I've ever seen a dealer pull. :mad:

Complaint being typed right now.

·
Vendor
7,262 Posts
:jawdrop: So they put it in even though he had 6FL (08?)?:yikes:

If it was an 07, I'd understand since they only came with aux inputs, but if it was an 08, I don't understand how it would even pass programming with two iPod/USB ports.

P.S. The tread title cracks me up, btw.:rofl:

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
One call upstairs and they've refunded his $900 in full. Crooks.

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I wouldn't even respond to this ridiculous comment. Regardless it was a deceitful business practice.
Thanks, what a troll. Some people actually work too hard to know every standard feature on their car. It's not like he walked in and asked if his car had a steering wheel.

·
Registered
1,373 Posts
Why is it the dealer's fault because your brother in law doesn't know what he bought?
Dude... seriously?!!!

This is just the most absurd question ever. How would you feel if you got ripped off instead of his brother-in-law.

Wait... I just went back and checked your public profile... you are a "client adviser"...:mad::mad::mad:

I would hate for you to advise me on anything... that is sooo shady. WOW, case and point.

You have a daughter... how would you feel if she was cheated out of money by a scrupulous dealership for an item she already had on her car. 5h!t-H3ad!!:tsk::tsk:

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
That sounds bad but you had no difficulty getting a refund for him? Shelly BMW has been great to me.
In all fairness, the Service Manager was great and cut him a check on the spot. Still doesnt excuse the original conduct, but it was the right thing to do.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Rotfl

In all fairness, the Service Manager was great and cut him a check on the spot. Still doesnt excuse the original conduct, but it was the right thing to do.
Very funny how theses things get resolved. You talk to the Manager instead of posting a gripe on public forums. This is hilarious!

Nimrod for not knowing his own equipment...nimrod on the dealership for trying it.

Shame on poster for giving bad rep BEFORE even trying for a resolution! Jeez...

Check my Public Profile..not advisor or salesman....manager or whatever.. LOL you guys crack me up!:rofl:

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Very funny how theses things get resolved. You talk to the Manager instead of posting a gripe on public forums. This is hilarious!

Nimrod for not knowing his own equipment...nimrod on the dealership for trying it.

Check my Public Profile..not advisor or salesman....manager or whatever.. LOL you guys crack me up!:rofl:
You joking? They tried to rip him off, why should I give them a chance to redeem before I post the truth? Plus, not everyone knows their BMWs the way people on B'fest do. Wife's brother works crazy hours, I think it's fair that he didnt know exactly what features are standard on the car he liked. M5 was an impulse buy for him. Can you go drop $100k without giving it a thought? Didnt think so.

·
Registered
38 Posts
You joking? They tried to rip him off, why should I give them a chance to redeem before I post the truth? Plus, not everyone knows their BMWs the way people on B'fest do. Wife's brother works crazy hours, I think it's fair that he didnt know exactly what features are standard on the car he liked. M5 was an impulse buy for him. Can you go drop $100k without giving it a thought? Didnt think so.
You said it all! I dont even need to type this.. LMFAO:rofl: "Impulse buy"... then bitches..LMFAO Agian! please stop my sides hurt!

·
swinging a big stick
3,940 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
You said it all! I dont even need to type this.. LMFAO:rofl: "Impulse buy"... then bitches..LMFAO Agian! please stop my sides hurt!
We laugh at people who stretch their finances to get an entry level E90.

·
Registered
38 Posts
We laugh at people who stretch their finances to get an entry level E90.
Correction: We laugh at people who stretch their finances to get an entry level E90?

Answer: Yes, especially those that purchase beyond their means on an impulse. :thumbup:

·
Bored
3,617 Posts
That's dirty business. I hope peope pay attention to this thread.

·
Registered
831 Posts
This doesn't make sense. If someone tries to rip you off, and you catch them red handed placing them in an indefensible position, and then they do the right thing, they still tried to rip you off.

I'm trying hard to imagine how this wasn't a case of the dealership's service department trying to rip him off. It's possible that the SA thought the owner knew he already had iPod integration, but simply was asking for it to be wired through his glove box. But this seems unlikely, and even more unlikely considering the fact that the service manager apparently didn't flinch when confronted for a refund.

Another aspect to consider is that someone that drops $100k and makes an impulse buy on an M5, and "laugh at people who stretch their finances to get an entry level E90" is probably pretty snobby and likely acts like money doesn't matter. In a situation like this, an SA may be more likely to flex their morals and stick it to the snob. Doesn't make it the right thing to do, but if this was the context, I think would be more forgiving.

Either way, sounds like Shelly BMW fixed the immediate problem by giving a refund, but have they fixed the root cause by firing or at least reprimanding the SA?

1 - 20 of 33 Posts