BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it was with a very very heavy heart that I traded in the fiver yesterday. :cry:(I got an Acura RDX with the tech package for the wifey; Im taking her IS300 for now) I almost felt like crying when I said goodbye, planted a kiss on the hood roundel, and handed over the spare keys.

She will be missed. :(

I converted the car back to stock, and have a few mods for sale which I will be posting in the classified forum. If anyone is interested in the carbon fiber GruppeM intake, E6 design carbon fiber eyelids, Alutec front strut bar, Genuine Hamman front splitters, Infinity basslink with remote, or aspheric passenger side view mirror feel free to shoot me a PM.

Its been a fun ride, and the wifey seeing how sad I was already gave me the green light on a replacement for me. The hunt begins for an Audi RS4. :thumbup:

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
Wow, One of the best E39 I've ever seen, I would be upset handing out the keys too, Don't worry, You well get another nice car. Good luck with the Audi hunt.

·
what does this button do?
869 Posts

·
BimmerJunkie
3,819 Posts
Wow, One of the best E39 I've ever seen, I would be upset handing out the keys too, Don't worry, You well get another nice car. Good luck with the Audi hunt.
+1

That car looks insanely sick!! I feel your pain for giving up those keys...

·
bimmer love
267 Posts
:( ..who ever gets the car next is going to be very lucky. beautiful e39

·
869 Posts

·
WTB - your E39 M5
6,216 Posts
You will burn in Hell for this!

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanx guys. Its weird looking in my driveway, and seeing an SUV in its spot. Thankfully as far as SUV's go, the RDX is pretty sporty, and fun to drive. I am looking at the B7 RS4, we'll see if one comes my way at a good price.

Here are pics of the car at trade in. I can see the abandonment in her "angel' eyes. :cry:

Attachments

·
I'm a Mac
17,699 Posts
$14k for the trade-in? :yikes:

·
You Lick It, You Own It
14,417 Posts
sorry to hear meng!

don't tell me you sold the Stealth One too.... yeah, i'm vulturing already. :p

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts

·
-------------------------
1,643 Posts
+1. Giving up an '03 540 M-Sport for an IS?? OMFG dude. Really???:dunno:
Id wouldve rather traded-in the IS over the E39 but I think the OP wants a RS4, plus
its for the wifey....you gotta sacrifice sometimes. :tsk: :rofl:

·
Thebizzy.com
6,429 Posts
RS4's are decent cars but I don't think I'd give up an '03 MSport for one. O'well. To each their own.

·
869 Posts
I am looking at the B7 RS4, we'll see if one comes my way at a good price.
You might want to read some reviews about the longevity of that engine. Granted, I didn't have an RS4, but my B6 S4 ate about 1.5 quarts of oil every 1000 miles. amongst a list of other problems. Audi of America says "thats an acceptable amount for that engine" -- Sure enough, Audi ditched the V8 platform after only a few years. I was very disappointed in Audi after dealing w/ BMW for many years. Couldn't sell mine fast enough. Just my 2 cents. I also found it extremely heavy for such a small car. That quattro system really eats up WHP.

·
Registered
529 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
LOL. These are all the thoughts that were going though my head before the trade in also, but in the end, here's what I decided.

I wanted the wifeys car to be trouble free, and handle well in the snow so the RDX fit that bill nicely, and I wanted something fun, but reliable for myself as a daily driver.

The bimmer has 73k, and I wasnt happy with the FSD/H&R sport combo, and was debating getting Pss10's, but it would have been alot of money, and I wasn't sure about keeping the car long enough to justify it, so I traded her in while she was still worth something.

Couldn't have 2 V8 sport sedans, so getting rid of the E39 was the painful, but obvious choice. The IS will do a much better job in the daily grind. After almost 6 yrs with me, and 7+ on the road, it was just time to say goodbye.

I have a few friends with the B7 RS4. 414 HP/317tq is more E39 M5 territory than 540. The same goes for the handling. I always wanted an E39 M5, but the newest ones are as old as my car, and its just time for a change. Thought about the E92 M3, but its a little loud. I want something more like the E39 M5; a wolf in sheeps clothing. It'll be the fair weather fun car, and wont have to deal with the mileage, and use that my 540 did.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts