BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
181 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Someone is interetsed in buying one of my cars. This person lives in Chicago so I would have to ship him the car. Does anyone have any idea how much it would cost to ship the car on a regular car transport truck? Any suggestions for companies? TIA

JD

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Horseless Carrage is one company I see advertizing a lot in Autoweek Magazine. They use enclosed trailers for car transport:thumbup:

·
5,820 Posts
My car just came from S.C. to Milw. Wisc. $550. I used McNutt which is a broker for truckers. Put in my request on a Thur, trucker called Tue., car here Thur. No problems. McNutt's phone number is 800-755-2324. I thought they were excellent. They can do open or closed but closed is alot more expensive. Door to door service.

·
Ölmeßstabmeister
762 Posts
atyclb said:
Dependable Auto Shippers is also spoken of highly.

www.dasautoshippers.com

I was relocated to Atlanta about a year ago and my company hired DAS to transport my car. They pick up and deliver your car on a flatbed, but use closed transporter trailers for the actual trip. Their website also has a tracking feature, so you can see where your car is along the route (its seemed to update about once a day).

Overall, their service was great. No damage to the car, but they did manage to get some very minor "greasy finger" stains on the headliner and A pillar (the car was transported about a month after I took US delivery and only had ~2000 miles on it -- argh!). I called in a claim, was told to get it detailed and then fax them the receipt. I received reimbursement a couple weeks later for the full amount of the detail.

Hope that helps...

·
Hi
4,481 Posts
How about just using the company that BMW itself uses, Waggoneers (sp?) ? I don't know the cost, though....

1 - 7 of 7 Posts