BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

I am shipping a car using montway from a board sponsor in the west coast to the east coast. From your experience, how long does it typically take for montway to assign a trucker and pick up the car? After that, how long does it take it to get to the east coast from your experience.

·
Registered
8,892 Posts
Hi,

I am shipping a car using montway from a board sponsor in the west coast to the east coast. From your experience, how long does it typically take for montway to assign a trucker and pick up the car? After that, how long does it take it to get to the east coast from your experience.
Wouldnt this be a question for the sponsor (or information they could help you obtain)? Sorry I dont have any experience with that, but would find it strange that a sponsor arranging it for you wouldnt have any idea of it.

·
Greg Poland Pacific BMW
3,135 Posts
3 -5 days to assign truck and 5 days cross country.

·
Resident Curmudgeon
23,378 Posts
I'll add that what they SAY (or for that matter, what anyone here says) doesn't matter... Read the paperwork, it will tell you what they are required to provide.

Inspect and photograph the car very carefully BEFORE it is loaded, then again when it arrives. Do not accept the car without the bill of lading; document every possible ding, scrape or scratch on that paperwork when it arrives. Do not sign for receipt until you have inspected it. (They may refuse to unload or allow you to inspect until you sign..don't budge, call the company or a manager. Also recognize that the truck driver almost certainly diesnt work for montway

Understand that many transport companies are just brokers..booking the trip, then offering it to independent drivers to pick up...sometimes a car may get shuttled from trailer to trailer. Montway appears to operate like this.

For some reason, car transport seems to be one of those things where there are massive disconnects between phone conversations and contracts/paperwork....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts