BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hi Philip or Manny or Jon...

Philip - thanks for the call today on the quote you provided me! :thumbup:

question for you folks or anyone living in Canada that has ordered parts from Cutter.

does Canada customs slap any duty on parts ordered from the US? i'm afraid that any savings the fine folks at Cutter has passed onto me will go straight to our Canadian gov't. in the form of duty. :tsk:

thx!

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
I've found that if you double the US$ price... that's what it will basically end up being in CDN$.

For instance, a few months back I ordered Bi-Xenon's for my wife's ML320: $1100US ended up being $1800CDN + $450 bill from UPS for duty, clearing & taxes. So ~ $2250CDN

So double and add $50 for rounding.

On the other hand, if you can plan your purchases around a trip to the US. $450 would have paid for the gas & lodging to drive the ML down to Florida on vacation.... but it was not to be this time.

·
Into the dark ages
1,523 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
damn...that doesn't sound good. double the price and i'm almost at what the TO dealers are quoting me. :banghead:

the alternative...(Philip or Manny)can the parts be shipped to the hotel i'm staying at the week i'm in FL? timing will be crucial as i'm only in FL from Jan. 6-9th.

·
2001 M3:Stick, what else?
3,300 Posts
I checked my UPS bill today and I was dinged 6% duty + 7% GST + 8% PST + $60 brokerage fees + taxes on the fees.

If you want to spend the time, you can tell the courier that you are self-clearing the package. You drive out to the air port and pay your taxes to Canada Customs directly.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts