BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got back from a phenomenal ED trip (report forthcoming).

I dropped off my car in Paris/CDG a little over a week ago. I have been told my car will be on the "SIRIUS LEADER" leaving Europe (Belgium, I think) in the next couple of days. A few questions please:

- I am in LA; what should my expectations be for how long the ship will take, customs, and VDC (VPC?).

- Unfortunately I received a call from the agent in Paris a few days ago, they "scratched" the driver's side door; she assured me there is no body damage. Assuming this is true, and it is just a bad scratch, how much time would this add to the process. I assume this will be done at the VDC, and should just take a couple of days.

- I have seen several posts about tracking ships online; can someone please tell me how to do this. I believe the ship may be part of the NYK line or NYK/Ro-Ro (??).

Thanks in advance for the help.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Oh my.. :yikes: and so it begins! :)

You have a bit of a wait my friend. First off, assuming the Sirius Leader, your ship will not even leave Bremerhaven until June 1st, the schedule to arrive at Port Hueneme is not listed. Pacific Breeze which leave Bremerhaven on the 26th gets to PH June 19. (These are scheduled days, often off by 2-4 days.

Did the Paris office say the car was being repaired there? That is a long time between drop-off and shipment. Someone else just reported this in the last couple of days (I think the GRUS thread). If this is true and normal, I think we need a flag regards dropping in Paris and the extra 10 days or so it is taking to ship.

If you car is delayed now due to the painting of the door, no problem, but if it needs to be done at VDC, then that will add 10 days, maybe 2 weeks to the normal delivery time once the car arrives.

I put together a bunch of links and they are on the sticky thread at the top of this forum. I used this one: (second one down on the sticky), to get the ship info above.

http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151&... HUENEME&time1=20050520&time2=20050617&menu=%

We were all joking before about how "beautiful" our ships are, but yours truly is!
http://www.schiffsphoto.de/HTM/Car/SiriusLeader.htm

·
Registered
693 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
e36M3r said:
Oh my.. :yikes: and so it begins! :)

You have a bit of a wait my friend. First off, assuming the Sirius Leader, your ship will not even leave Bremerhaven until June 1st, the schedule to arrive at Port Hueneme is not listed. Pacific Breeze which leave Bremerhaven on the 26th gets to PH June 19. (These are scheduled days, often off by 2-4 days.

Did the Paris office say the car was being repaired there? That is a long time between drop-off and shipment. Someone else just reported this in the last couple of days (I think the GRUS thread). If this is true and normal, I think we need a flag regards dropping in Paris and the extra 10 days or so it is taking to ship.

If you car is delayed now due to the painting of the door, no problem, but if it needs to be done at VDC, then that will add 10 days, maybe 2 weeks to the normal delivery time once the car arrives.

I put together a bunch of links and they are on the sticky thread at the top of this forum. I used this one: (second one down on the sticky), to get the ship info above.

http://www.dbh.de/index.php?id=151&... HUENEME&time1=20050520&time2=20050617&menu=%

We were all joking before about how "beautiful" our ships are, but yours truly is!
http://www.schiffsphoto.de/HTM/Car/SiriusLeader.htm
Thanks for the info. I am not happy about the delay due to the painting; why 2 weeks? Being that I am leasing this car, it is particularly troubling. Is there a way to track the ship online?

I dropped in Paris on May 9th. They told me my ship was leaving from Belgium towards the end of the month. I had counted on about a 6 week wait; if this turns into 8 weeks or more, I will not be too happy; especially if there is an extra two week delay due to damage caused by them.

·
Registered
1,151 Posts
Definitely you must count on an 8 - 10 week delivery, (for ANY Euro Delivery to the West Coast) if it comes quicker so be it. 6 weeks could only possibly happen if you hit every connection, that is most unlikely and for you, it was not happening from the beginning. This is the nature of Euro Delivery.

My boat the Grus (arrived today btw) was a quick boat, it only had one stop after Europe and that was Jacksonville. Yours may be also, but even so, its 4 solid weeks in transit.

If your boat leaves on time, 06/01 from Bremerhaven and gets to Port Hueneme 06/29, then 10 days for VDC to Dealer you are at 07/09, two months.

My guess is your boat has to pick your car up in Antwerp, stop in Rotterdam, then Bremerhaven, Portsmouth, Jacksonville, possibly San Diego, then Port Hueneme.

Check out the Redilevery thread. (and start doing some research / contribute to that thread)
http://www.bimmerfest.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=25

Finally, don't be 'un happy', you signed up for ED, had a great trip, another couple of weeks wont matter much. We purchasers feel just as much pain as you that lease.

fishskis said:
Thanks for the info. I am not happy about the delay due to the painting; why 2 weeks? Being that I am leasing this car, it is particularly troubling. Is there a way to track the ship online?

I dropped in Paris on May 9th. They told me my ship was leaving from Belgium towards the end of the month. I had counted on about a 6 week wait; if this turns into 8 weeks or more, I will not be too happy; especially if there is an extra two week delay due to damage caused by them.

·
Registered
43 Posts
fishskis said:

My car was/is on the Grus also... Got a call from the dealer this morning telling me that the ship came in yesterday 5/20. He would be tracking it from that point and keeping me informed. We dropped off in Paris on 4/1. If you count 10 days at the VPC and transportation to Sacramento dealership... It will be exactly 2 months. And that is if everything goes alright here in the states. The anticipation is incredible... I'm really hoping that there hasn't been any damage!

545i/Orient Blue/Auburn Dakota Leather/SP/PP/Nav/Sat/Logic 7 Oh boy!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts