BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,130 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone got the BMW parts CD? I just want to check if the shock mount part number is for the cic.

I was reading the UUCmotorwerks page instructing how to upgrade the shockmounts. The discussion leads me to suspect that the part number for this shock mount is sturdier than the ones for the sedan or coupe.

I think the Hack did the upgrade. Can you verify? Thanks
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
Yep, that is the CiC/M rear shock mount. Mine should be here (along with the appropriate nuts, gasket and Z3 upper reinforcement plate) tomorrow.
 
G

·
JPinTO said:
I have the parts but am waiting for the Eibach pro-system to come before installing both at the same time.
Funny. I have those shock mounts sitting around too. But I'm waiting until I pull the trigger on a set of Konis so I can do it all at once too.

Did you get the Z3 reinforcement plates too?
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:
Yep, that is the CiC/M rear shock mount. Mine should be here (along with the appropriate nuts, gasket and Z3 upper reinforcement plate) tomorrow.
Let me know if you want help...It looks like it'll be a PIA on the wagon. :(
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:


Let me know if you want help...It looks like it'll be a PIA on the wagon. :(
Well, the PITA part is just getting the interior panels off. No prob there. I could use the help with the holding the suspension pieces in place stuff.

Let me know if you ever figure out whether or not you need the 14mm socket and maybe we can work out a time.
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
Kaz said:


Well, the PITA part is just getting the interior panels off. No prob there. I could use the help with the holding the suspension pieces in place stuff.

Let me know if you ever figure out whether or not you need the 14mm socket and maybe we can work out a time.
Do you have access to the TIS CD? Ron said that according to the TIS I need a different size bit. I'll call Savage this week to find out what size hex wrench I need. :dunno:
 

·
King of Rear Clunks
Joined
·
12,903 Posts
The HACK said:


Do you have access to the TIS CD? Ron said that according to the TIS I need a different size bit. I'll call Savage this week to find out what size hex wrench I need. :dunno:
Yah, I have a TIS. Its a PITA to use, IMO. I guess you can't look at the thing you need to turn to see what it actually needs...
 

·
Rest in peace, Coach
Joined
·
9,106 Posts
I haven't even been able to break the bolt free...Don't want to have to do multiple times jacking up the car when I can do it all at once. :(

Bentley's manual said 14mm...TIS according to Ron said something else. I'll try and call my dealership to confirm this week, should know better later. :)
 

·
Registered User
Joined
·
3,440 Posts
DaveN323i said:
Just bringing an old topic back to life.

I had the shock mount upgrade done today. All the rattle noise is gone. This really works!
I had the TSB done for the front. I think the back of my car could use something too. The front was actually fine, but my dealer was trying to narrow down the problem. It turned out to be a bad out ball joint on my right control arm.
 
1 - 12 of 12 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top