BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
its one thing after another. i have gone through 2 shock mounts in the past two weeks. i had one on before i change out my alternator and it pushed through, the second i had on foa a day, and it pushed through. i will be getting a third one today and i am thinking that this one will push through as well. any ideas why they are pushing through. i have a M# style rim on the car right now. they are 18 inch rims. shocks work cause they are brand new, and the tires are brand new. so if you have any ideas why they keep pushing through, please brightin up on a dim sitation. thanks :mad:

·
10,856 Posts
I'm going to guess that you aren't putting the bigass washer cups on.

·
10,856 Posts
No. It's a separate part, but one which you should have already had. If you just pulled your old shocks out and left the mounts on them, the washer cups are probably still there.

·
10,856 Posts
Shouldn't be more than a couple bucks. You need one for the top AND bottom of each mount. That rubber isn't really held in there by anything. As you've seen.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ya it its not good. the top of the shock has destroyed the boston acustics i had back there. all well you win some and you lose some. ya well thanks for all the advise, it has been helpful. :thumbup:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts