Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(At least in came back pretty clean, though... And at least some stuff was fixed.)

1. Sticky Pedal: Need adaptor plate. *roll*
2. Notchy Clutch: Can't find. (Although I did notice that the clutch is great when cold... Probably the issue here.)
3. Check the brakes: The gave me new rear brake pads and rotors.... I sure hope the fronts last me another two thousand miles... I don't want to have them go while I'm in Boston. :p
4. CD Player Ejection: Appears to actually be fixed! :yikes:
5. HVAC Stinks: Sprayed disinfectant for the third time. :tsk:
6. Rattle in driver's door: I suppose I'll see.
7. Creaking in cargo net area: "Has normal creak sound from cargo net area."

You know what...? This was actually one of my better visits. Comparatively speaking, I'm rather pleased. :p

·
Registered
142 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
[5. HVAC Stinks: Sprayed disinfectant for the third time. :tsk:

This one I don't understand. My car has the same stink. You would think by the strong odor that the water is not draining properly. But everytime I get out of the car there is plenty of water on the ground. I would say even more than I see under other cars. But none of them have such a strong musty smell.

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Re: Re: Shock! Not everything was fixed in my car!

Big Al 330i said:
Nick325xiT 5spd said:
[5. HVAC Stinks: Sprayed disinfectant for the third time. :tsk:

This one I don't understand. My car has the same stink. You would think by the strong odor that the water is not draining properly. But everytime I get out of the car there is plenty of water on the ground. I would say even more than I see under other cars. But none of them have such a strong musty smell.
I'm told that it's the filter that grows mildew or whatever. :p

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Registered
480 Posts
Hey Nick,

Remember my post from a while ago.

I think I predicted pretty acurrately your service visit.

Where is that post........

:angel: :angel:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Ben Chou said:
Hey Nick,

Remember my post from a while ago.

I think I predicted pretty acurrately your service visit.

Where is that post........

:angel: :angel:
Yep. :banghead:

I didn't mention the adaptor plate because they mentioned IT and YOU by name... And I assumed they would be able to handle the extrapolation... :p

·
Registered
480 Posts
Nick325xiT 5spd said:

I didn't mention the adaptor plate because they mentioned IT and YOU by name... And I assumed they would be able to handle the extrapolation... :p
You give them way too much credit. :mad: :mad:

·
Registered
10,695 Posts
Nick-

When was your car built? I have a May 2001 325i, and the dealer parts department claims that I will not need the adapter plate. I made them order it just in case. I've been burned countelss times by arriving for a service appointment only to find that the necessary parts are missing. You'd think that they've never worked on a 3 series before-- how hard is it to just find out what parts are actually needed before they actually get you in there? So incredibly stupid and annoying. :mad: I've also found that even if you ask several people at a dealership to confirm that they have all the necessary parts for your particular car, they will still manage to not have them when you arrive. But I agree, that was a successful BMW service visit.:banghead:

·
10,856 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Mine is March Production.

·
BMW NA Customer Relations
454 Posts
RE: Not everything was fixed in my car!

I’m with BMW of North America, LLC. I’m sorry your service experience was not what you expected. We are here to work with you and your Center. If you need our assistance, give us a call at (800) 831-1117 or email us through the Owners’ Circle at www.bmwusa.com.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts