BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife is petite. 4'5" with heels! When we tested a 2009 328i, the power front seats would not rise high enough for her to not have to rely on a pillow.

Do the 328i seats have less height travel than most cars? Is it possibly adjustable? A 2009 A4 didn't have the same issue for her.

Thanks,
Dan

·
Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
19,997 Posts
hmmmm.....I think the amount the bimmer's seats raise is about on par with most other cars. I know BMW works with Mobility companies that do modifications. You might ask your dealer or call BMWNA.

·
Not a real doctor.
5,702 Posts
Even the German engineers can't be expected to consider the sub 4.5 feet tall driver. I've been impressed by the range of motion the seats have.

Post pictures of your mod when you do it.

How does your wife manage in the kitchen? 'Must pose all sorts of difficulties for her.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Car engineers design their cars to reflect the people of their orgin:

German people = tall
Asian people = short
American people = fat
Italian people = loud

(BTW: I'm a short person with an angry loud wife)

·
Registered
889 Posts
I'm 5' 1" and the height adjustment in the 328 works perfectly for me. I don't have it all the way up, but I could see how it may not be enough for someone shorter. I sat in some Z4s at the dealership and I just can't get that seat in a comfortable position, especially because the hood is so long.

She could always use a pillow (that's what I used to do in my mom's Camry w/o height adjustable seats). She definitely needs a comfortable driving position and good visibility-it's not something I would compromise on.

·
I need a drink
2,076 Posts
can you have a machine shop build a bracket to raise the seat off of the floor or is that a saftey issue? Just tossing out an idea.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Sport seat

I'm 5'. Get the Sport seat option, it is higher and more comfortable. I drove a loaner with the standard seat, I felt like I was sitting in a hole and very uncomfortable.

Nickyd

1 - 11 of 11 Posts