The 2008 editions of the Michelin "Red" guides (hotels & restaurants) are out for both Germany and Austria. Here are bits of a review:
- Size is more compact and type is a bit larger than previous editions.
- Still has brief descriptions. (I was not all that pleased with the simple listings in the 3-series Nav I had in 06.)
- Still has nice overview maps--which cities and towns have listed places by region, etc.
- You can carry it with you to find a lunch stop in a city without having to predict perfectly where you'll be.
- The short descriptions are all in German!
- The alphabetical listing sometimes has smaller towns listed under the larger one, and the cross-referencing is missing (or I can't find it).