BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
bmb said:
sorry, haven't had enough coffee yet. 2002 330i that I picked up 3/15. Yes the warranty is a concern. What I would like to achieve - love the feel of the short shift and would like to have a little less body roll. I may get the car on the track once or twice, but honestly I would rather be on the golf course. So, tracking the car is really not an issue.
You aren't going to track the car but it has too much body roll? :confused: Have you considered the implications on ride comfort that you will lose with suspension mods? I'd say get the short shift and leave the suspension alone.

My .02
Haus

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
TD said:

Now an entire Dinan Stage II suspension WOULD affect ride comfort but seeing as the E46 SP ride is very soft to start with, IMO there's a lot of room for firming up before it becomes uncomfortable.
The SP package is stiff enough to make the CD player skip when driving over expansion joints on a bridge. Not what I'd call "soft".

I think the owner has to look at what the vehicle will be used for. In daily or even "spirited" driving the E46 suspension is very very good. Even on the track I can keep up with modded cars and I'm even running stock brakes and street tires.

You also have to think of a passenger, while we may enjoy a stiffer ride a passenger may not want their fillings shook loose.

There are lots of springs/sways/shocks for sale where people put the stuff on and took it right back off.

Think before you buy.

·
Registered
6,869 Posts
TD said:

Check your CD player. That's not normal.

I drive an E36 M3 (much firmer than an E46 SP) and have never had a CD skip, not even when driving on DC's crappiest streets.

And the ride is still soft enough that my 2 year old consistenly falls asleep in her car seat in back.
Hmm.. maybe so.. Thanks!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.