• yes it increases looks

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • it is not worth the 65$

Votes: 3 23.1%
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,892 Posts
Will the knob alone increase shift speed? Probably not. I don't know about you, but the time it takes for the revs to fall is more a limiting factor than the hand motions for me.
Will the knob increase shift feel? Depends on what you mean by increase and feel. The knob is weighted, so it reduces the notchiness.
It does look good.

IMO it is worth $65, mostly because of the weighted nature. I would've bought one for the M3 by now if it wasn't such a pain in the ass to make the ZHP knob illuminated.

·
ROLL TIDE!
24,034 Posts
Worth it depends greatly on the person. This knob won't increase shift accuracy. If you are dumb enough to money shift with a stock knob, you'll do it with this one too. The extra weight does nothing for shift accuarcy. It is marketing chatter that helps sell knobs, that is all. It looks a lot better than the stock knob for sure, but lets not confuse people and make them think it does something more than change the look.

·
BMW = Fahrvergnügen
448 Posts
I've got that one. Love it.

BUT...

I had a knob I hated to begin with, so take it with a grain (or bag) of salt.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.