BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

Short Shifter for the M Coupe..Which one?

2459 Views 2 Replies 3 Participants Last post by  Ron Stygar
When I got rid of my Z3 Coupe for my M Coupe, I managed to retain all my favorite mods.. well, except for my cherished Ron Stygar short shift. Ron... I love you man! Really a piece of work and I kicked myself for neglecting to switch it out. With that.. Who is making the one of choice for the M Coupe? The UUC product (primo stuff on the E36's I've ssen in the past) seems to be spot on for this car with an additional 15-20% throw reduction as well as their supplied custom delrin bushings to replace the rubber ones. UUC even supplies a tool to release the cup!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
Why not get the same effect as a shortened lever, and at the same time get rid of some of the "notchinesss"?

Also, you'll eliminate the problem of ill-fitting stock shift knobs that either come loose or are REAL TOUGH to remove.

And all it takes is an aftermarket shift knob.

E-mail me for more info. if interested.

[email protected]
If you do not object to using a metal shift knob, I would go with the Whalen shift knob which will give you the same reduction as whatever UUC is using now and you will maintain the stock shift lever isolation.
HaqDeluxe said:
When I got rid of my Z3 Coupe for my M Coupe, I managed to retain all my favorite mods.. well, except for my cherished Ron Stygar short shift. Ron... I love you man! Really a piece of work and I kicked myself for neglecting to switch it out. With that.. Who is making the one of choice for the M Coupe? The UUC product (primo stuff on the E36's I've ssen in the past) seems to be spot on for this car with an additional 15-20% throw reduction as well as their supplied custom delrin bushings to replace the rubber ones. UUC even supplies a tool to release the cup!
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.