Bimmerfest BMW banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
No can drive 55!
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I got rid of my Z3 Coupe for my M Coupe, I managed to retain all my favorite mods.. well, except for my cherished Ron Stygar short shift. Ron... I love you man! Really a piece of work and I kicked myself for neglecting to switch it out. With that.. Who is making the one of choice for the M Coupe? The UUC product (primo stuff on the E36's I've ssen in the past) seems to be spot on for this car with an additional 15-20% throw reduction as well as their supplied custom delrin bushings to replace the rubber ones. UUC even supplies a tool to release the cup!

·
Registered
178 Posts
Why not get the same effect as a shortened lever, and at the same time get rid of some of the "notchinesss"?

Also, you'll eliminate the problem of ill-fitting stock shift knobs that either come loose or are REAL TOUGH to remove.

And all it takes is an aftermarket shift knob.

E-mail me for more info. if interested.

[email protected]

·
19,585 Miles
11,141 Posts
HaqDeluxe said:
When I got rid of my Z3 Coupe for my M Coupe, I managed to retain all my favorite mods.. well, except for my cherished Ron Stygar short shift. Ron... I love you man! Really a piece of work and I kicked myself for neglecting to switch it out. With that.. Who is making the one of choice for the M Coupe? The UUC product (primo stuff on the E36's I've ssen in the past) seems to be spot on for this car with an additional 15-20% throw reduction as well as their supplied custom delrin bushings to replace the rubber ones. UUC even supplies a tool to release the cup!
If you do not object to using a metal shift knob, I would go with the Whalen shift knob which will give you the same reduction as whatever UUC is using now and you will maintain the stock shift lever isolation.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts