BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
A sudden sense of liberty
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm bored and am looking for something to do, car-related, that will cost me little or nothing. I've seen a bunch of guys with E36 M3s black out the chrome kidneys on their grilles. I like the look, since those kidneys really are the only chrome pieces on the car; if I had a black car, I'd do it immediately, but I'm not sure about how it looks with silver.

What do you think, good plan or bling?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
It may have been OK before but now that the black-out is the Hamann Look (i.e. ricey bimmer), its been ruined.:thumbdwn:

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
TD said:
I have a black car and I don't really care for the look either.
On the black cars it has an 80s Miami Vice feel that make sme picture monotone white Benzes driven by drug dealers.

On the silver cars it almost makes it look like something is missing.

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Seems like a big resounding no, then.

Maybe I'll just rip the baffle out of my airbox, instead. Or give the engine its weekly washing.

G

·
JST said:
Seems like a big resounding no, then.

Maybe I'll just rip the baffle out of my airbox, instead. Or give the engine its weekly washing.
Of course, you know the standard response now is, "But do what YOU like. It's YOUR car."

:D

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
TD said:

Of course, you know the standard response now is, "But do what YOU like. It's YOUR car."

:D
Actually, by percentage, it's still mostly BMW Financial Services' car. Maybe I should call them and see what they think. :thumbup:

·
3,939 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Chris330ci said:

Hmm, it could use a beefier engine to move all that weight around. :dunno: I was just using it as a visual comparison.
Yes, the 5.4L from the Lightning is really the engine that they should have used, but apparently there were fitment problems with the shock towers of the Grand Marquis platform. Hopefully a supercharger will be fitted to the 4.6.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts