• BMW X5 - 6 Cylinnder

Votes: 5 71.4%
  • BMW X4 - 8 Cylinder

Votes: 2 28.6%
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

· Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone, glad i found this forum where i can ask this question!

Im sick from comparing X5 and X4, I like and I always liked and loved the X5, it was my dream car for over 3 years, now its the time I can buy it (Not exactly now, in summer 2016) but I discovered that I can get the X5, but the 6 cylinder one.

Is it a problem? maybe
I like fast cars and since the 8 cylinder one goes to 100 in 5 seconds I feel its fast enough, but the 6 one goes in only 6.5 seconds..

Im not sure if this is noticeable, the car i drive at the moment goes to 100 in around 20 seconds?? or 15 not sure

well, here is what I need in a car:

-Kinda SUV, cause i frequently go "little" offroading and go over pavement like on a daily basis to park!
-Speedy / sporty
-People should point at it, well... I waited this long for a good car :3

so the trouble atm is, I found out that I can either afford X5 the "cheap" model
or X4 the best model

now, keep in mind that i can afford the 8 cylinder X5 but I want it with full options, and yes i drive 1 hour to work daily so it helps me in the high way..

i know this post is so confusing, but its just as how confused as me, should I go for the X5 6 cylinder or X4 8 cylinder?

and is the 1.5 seconds difference in acceleration gonna affect me? (or be slow)?

Thanks!

· Registered
191 Posts
I was on the fence, too. Decided against X4 due to it being very dark inside with low roof and small sunroof. X5 was too big and I would have had to buy CPO 35i. For similar money I ordered the exact X3 options I wanted. 35i with X-line and DHP. For my roads it's the best combination. Fast and sporty in sport mode. Smooth ride in comfort mode.

· Registered
16 Posts
X4

I just bought an X4. Best BMW I have had. I had an X3/3 series sedan/5 series but I really like the X3. Drives really like a car. Handling is great. Acceleration is good. But you get the benefits of an SUV in the bad weather and the like. I like the coupe like roof line. 3 older kids in the back seat with plenty of room for us. It is a car-like SUV. If you like "pure" SUV's an X3 or X5 is the way to go. But I think a coupe like SUV is more practical for me. And it's priced better than an X5.

· Registered
855 Posts
Hello everyone, glad i found this forum where i can ask this question!

Im sick from comparing X5 and X4, I like and I always liked and loved the X5, it was my dream car for over 3 years, now its the time I can buy it (Not exactly now, in summer 2016) but I discovered that I can get the X5, but the 6 cylinder one.

Is it a problem? maybe
I like fast cars and since the 8 cylinder one goes to 100 in 5 seconds I feel its fast enough, but the 6 one goes in only 6.5 seconds..

Im not sure if this is noticeable, the car i drive at the moment goes to 100 in around 20 seconds?? or 15 not sure

well, here is what I need in a car:

-Kinda SUV, cause i frequently go "little" offroading and go over pavement like on a daily basis to park!
-Speedy / sporty
-People should point at it, well... I waited this long for a good car :3

so the trouble atm is, I found out that I can either afford X5 the "cheap" model
or X4 the best model

now, keep in mind that i can afford the 8 cylinder X5 but I want it with full options, and yes i drive 1 hour to work daily so it helps me in the high way..

i know this post is so confusing, but its just as how confused as me, should I go for the X5 6 cylinder or X4 8 cylinder?

and is the 1.5 seconds difference in acceleration gonna affect me? (or be slow)?

Thanks!
I'm not convinced an 8-cylinder X5 is worth it. A one-hour commute to work means you're going to be spending lots of $$$ on gas--and when oil prices go back up, you're gonna be spending even more on fuel

I'd go with a 6 cylinder X5. Of course I'm biased. But I find my X35D to be powerful, speedy, sporty, and spacious.

Off road capability is not something I expect from any BMW SAV. But that's OK. As long as it LOOKS like a rugged vehicle, then I'm good.

· Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,556 Posts
Off road capability is not something I expect from any BMW SAV. But that's OK. As long as it LOOKS like a rugged vehicle, then I'm good.
I think you might be surprised at how capable the X5 can be off road. I've driven it on the off road demo course at the Performance Center in South Carolina. It's impressive. Google for some videos.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.