BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,100 Posts
es said:
Any suggestion here...
And also do I really need to replace disks at the same time i change my brake pads?
I already had 2 sets of pads running on one set of disks.
If you have no brake pulsation and they`re above min. thickness I see no reason to replace rotors, your prior experience proves that it`s not ALWAYS required. Wonder how many sets have been trashed unnecessarily. BMW recommending replacement is not exactly an unbiased opinion. my .02

·
Registered
979 Posts
I suggest go with the OEM NGK's too. If you really want Bosch, go with the OEM Bosch, which were certified after the NGK's. The NGK are 4 electrode plug, the Bosch should be too.

As for brake discs, I believe min thickness is 20.4 mm (front discs). Check your your brake disc thickness and see what amount has been 'consumed' by the current set of pads. Then extrapolate it to see if you will exceed the min thickness with the new set of pads.

Edit: Just noticed that you stated that you have used 2 sets of pads, I think you are pushing it to try for 3 sets of pads.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.