BimmerFest BMW Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Freedom isn't free!!
2018 Glacier Silver 340i M Sport
20,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just for fun, tell me what you think. :thumbup:

The latest low interest CPO offer has me thinking about trading my '04 ZHP for an '06 330i. My ZHP has just under 87,000 miles and the CPO warranty ends in January. I love my ZHP, but I think the E90 330i 255hp motor is a gem and driving that car at a BMW driving event back in the fall of 2005 is what got me into a BMW in the first place.

Here are the two candidates:

http://www.bmwofdallas.com/index.cf...=Used&preauctionsearch=&franchisebatchtype=FB

http://www.bmwofdallas.com/index.cf...=Used&preauctionsearch=&franchisebatchtype=FB

· owned
218 Posts
both very nice. the sparkling graphite metallic is a sexy color.

· Registered
698 Posts
the 330i's a great car... but the (imola)zhp is such a rare gem ... IDK, that's a hard call!

I think if you're looking for a better Daily Driver go for the e90, but if you're more looking for a fun toy, stick w/ the zhp.

How has it been reliability wise? If its been decent, and if other e46's seem to be holding up well, i see no harm in keeping it for a while longer.

Good luck with your decision!

Also, IMO, the e46-lci beats the pre-lci e90 hands down on aesthetics, which would be something to consider.

· 1st Cav!
2,867 Posts
I didn't even open this thread and I already knew it was about the 330

Your enthusiasm for the 330 is why I love my car and I'm gonna have a hard time passing it down in the near future. I actually find it hard to believe that someone who loves and knows so much about the 330 doesn't own one! I think you should go for it but that's me...

As for the two cars.... that's a hard choice.
First one has 40k miles and has PDC.
Second one has 34k but has CA with no PDC...

I would rather have PDC than CA but again that's just me... YMMV.

· Registered
864 Posts
Imola Red ZHP. No two ways about it. Hang on to it! The E90's, don't do it for me. The radio display, the sub-par quality of the interior, run flats, lack of the oil dipstick...need I go on?

· BMW d Driver
1,136 Posts
Keep the ZHP.

Such a more unique and good looking car IMO vs. just a regular e90 330i. Then again I really hate the pre-LCI e90 front with the weird split kidney so I might not be the best judge (no offense to those that own one, I just never was a fan of the pre-LCI).

· Here comes trouble!
8,670 Posts
The only thing I see the 330i offers over your E46 ZHP is newness. So if that is the overriding factor, go for it. The interior is updated, and the car has less miles on it.

Unless your ZHP 87k miles makes you nervous with potential repairs, I see no real reason other than cosmetics and bit more power to let it go. As many have pointed out, it is much more unique car and in my opinion looks better than any of those E90s you posted.

I have yet to see an Imola Red ZHP on the road. I am 100% convinced if I do, it must be you. That's how unique it is, even in DFW-world, where BMWs are everywhere, it seems.

At least private party the ZHP to give someone else a shot at it. ;)

· Registered
307 Posts
I say if you can keep both.. The e46s to me are such beautiful cars. They are definitely the best body style yet of the 3 series. I'm thinking about trading my e90 330 for an 05 e46 330 with zhp. I might even end up keeping my e90 and paying it off here shortly and getting a ZHP. They're really beautiful cars. Try and get both! =]

· Registered
2,463 Posts
When it's time to move-on, you will know. You won't even ask for inputs, you will just do it!

· Freedom isn't free!!
20,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Just for fun, tell me what you think. :thumbup:

The latest low interest CPO offer has me thinking about trading my '04 ZHP for an '06 330i. My ZHP has just under 87,000 miles and the CPO warranty ends in January. I love my ZHP, but I think the E90 330i 255hp motor is a gem and driving that car at a BMW driving event back in the fall of 2005 is what got me into a BMW in the first place.
A little more info for those who wonder why I'd consider making a change.

I also think the E90 has an even more firmly planted feel than the E46. As much as I enjoy my ZHP, there are a number of aspects of the E90 that I've liked ever since my first experience driving one at a BMW closed course driving event.

It's a difficult decision.

Anyway, the latest candidate. Little thing, but it has active steering. : http://www.roadshowbmw.com/gallery/...#ff57007de6d1dbaf9a59ca9d7d828b95ea244e7c.jpg

Attachments

· Freedom isn't free!!
20,550 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
tturedraider you don't strike me a slushbox type of person. :dunno:
Hate to have to tell you, but I am. Even my ZHP is a step. :eeps: I had my manual tranny days, but to be honest I just never got really good at it and modern autos are so good I like the convenience. I like shifting in a roadster, really enjoyed the first time I drove a Z4, but bigger cars are not the same.

· about the mini part....
1,139 Posts
Hate to have to tell you, but I am. Even my ZHP is a step. :eeps: I had my manual tranny days, but to be honest I just never got really good at it and modern autos are so good I like the convenience. I like shifting in a roadster, really enjoyed the first time a drove a Z4, but bigger cars are not the same.
Blasphemy! :soapbox: :rofl:

· Deutsche Transplant
27 Posts
Blasphemy! :soapbox: :rofl:
QFT :rofl:

Honestly? Gold & tan? Either go with the blue 330, or keep the ZHP. That one is ruled out on colors alone, IMO. ZHP's are VERY rare vehicles. I drove one before I bought the E90, and I do like how it handled and rode better than the E90, but I get your point. From an ownership aspect, I wouldn't really want a BMW without a warranty.

That being said, it depends on what you're ready and willing to do. Personally, I love absolutely everything about my E90 330i ownership-wise, and equipment-wise, but I did find the E46 ZHP to be a better driver's car.

· Registered
267 Posts
The car guy side of me says keep the ZHP due to its intrinsic unique"ness" and agruably better looks. But we all have lives outside of loving cars which means paying bills and enduring potentially high maintenance costs on an out of warranty luxury car. You seem very pragmatic judging by your posts, so I'm sure you'll make the best decision for you. Either way, you'll have a killer car.

· Tar Heel Faithful
14,264 Posts
Keep the ZHP and don't think twice.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.