Votes: 7 38.9%
  • WHO CARES!

Votes: 4 22.2%
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed it is a little larger than most. I don't want it to be too wide for some of your screens or too big to download.

T

·
0 Posts
Hey, I know that gate....

EDIT- And for all the overly analytical guys out there, at the autox where these pics were taken, this gate had to be passed through twice, but with a different angle of entry and exit each pass. CD-55's pic was taken on the first pass while my pic was taken on the second pass through, hence the different alignments through the gate. Or maybe the other way around. Still two passes, two approaches.

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
TD said:
Hey, I know that gate....
Not well enough to be on line:flipoff:

Just kidding:)

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Forgot to mention...Ack and dreadmo's sigs are too wide. Mine under the bridge is too tall. I just wish this new one wasn't so grainy/noisy.

T

·
0 Posts
atyclb said:

...not to mention the downed cones strewn about... :yikes: :yikes:
Have you been to an autox?

Gates and direction of travel are often marked with downed cones as arrows.

Or were you joking?

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
The people with the too-wide pic sigs are annoying but OK. The bad ones are the people with too much text that wraps (Hi Dan).

And as for the cones, I've never seen the knocked-down cone arrow setup at any CCA, SCCA or mfr-sponsored drive event here in SoCal.

Maybe cones cost a lot on the east coast? :dunno:

·
Double Bimmers
1,176 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Kaz said:
And as for the cones, I've never seen the knocked-down cone arrow setup at any CCA, SCCA or mfr-sponsored drive event here in SoCal.

We call them "Pointer Cones". They are placed in strategic areas to help guide us to stay on course.

No, cones are usually most costly on the East coast.

T

·
0 Posts
CD-55 said:

We call them "Pointer Cones". They are placed in strategic areas to help guide us to stay on course.

No, cones are usually most costly on the East coast.
Our East Coast autoxes do tend to use significantly fewer cones than those West Coast autoxes.

You guys line your entire course in cones. We just mark gates.

You've seen pics. Here's a wide shot of one of ours. This shows typical cone usage.

·
OMGWTFBBQ
11,262 Posts
Kaz said:

There's not a whole bunch on their sides, but this is a course from June (not an NCC BMWCCA autocross, but at the same location as the NCC events).

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
If I'm reading that track map correctly, there are 2 loops and several intersections. Do they only put 1 car on the course at once? Pretty scary to think if more than 1 car is on at any given time if there are intersections... :yikes:

·
TMS
9,288 Posts
Ack said:
Are many people viewing at 800x600? I'm guessing my sig is too wide on this view. If I make my sig much smaller, the text becomes hard to read on 1024x768. Can someone resize to 800x600 so I can see how it looks? No Pshop at work. Thanks!
In my case, I do not have my browser maximized. My display is set to 1024x768 but the browser takes up maybe 2/3's of the full screen. I think I created my sig to be 500 pixels wide. It's big enough for my purposes.

·
King of Rear Clunks
12,903 Posts
Ack said:
Are many people viewing at 800x600? I'm guessing my sig is too wide on this view. If I make my sig much smaller, the text becomes hard to read on 1024x768. Can someone resize to 800x600 so I can see how it looks? No Pshop at work. Thanks!
I almost always run my browser windows at 800 wide. It gives space for other stuff to poke out the sides on 1024x768 (my TFT monitor and laptop) or plenty of room for other windows and the ability to have 2 browser windows side-by-side on my 21in monitors running at 1600x1200 or above.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts