BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
BMWCCA #417796
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

About a year ago I upgraded and installed the Dynavin unit and now I have Business CD player just lying around. Should I let it go and sell it, or should I keep on to it in case I ever want to sell the car? The car is a 1999 and I don't plan to sell it any time soon, if at all. What do you guys think?

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
Hey guys,

About a year ago I upgraded and installed the Dynavin unit and now I have Business CD player just lying around. Should I let it go and sell it, or should I keep on to it in case I ever want to sell the car? The car is a 1999 and I don't plan to sell it any time soon, if at all. What do you guys think?
Re-install the Business CD and send me the Dynavin. Problem solved. :D

·
ZHP Caporegime
531 Posts
So what does that mean exactly?
All the wires/Nav antenna are surprisingly pre-installed. I found them when I pulled apart my car that doesn't have any marking about pre-wired

I guess that means you could buy a factory nav unit and just plug it in.... i didn't think that was possible at all with any non-nav bmw. :dunno:

Still does not help with my dilemma though ;)
Yup, just need the head/console to move ac unit to the sunglass tray and computer for the trunk

OP, to answer your question save it to reinstall when selling the car. Your unit is worth more sold on it's own

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
OP, to answer your question save it to reinstall when selling the car. Your unit is worth more sold on it's own
Yea, sorry to threadjack. This is what I would do. You could make $150 now selling the business CD or wait and make a bundle later.

·
is a Texan
1,400 Posts
Unless times are tight for you with the economy doing it's thing and could really use the few bucks, I'd just hold onto it. If you want/need it later, or if the Dynavin dumbs, you don't wanna have to hassle with buying another (and it not being an AUX capable unit, isn't worth too much).

·
ROLL TIDE!
23,977 Posts
So, after some thinking, I am wondering....What would you guys list the Business Radio out of a 1999 for on ebay?
99 unit won't have time display (not a big deal) but for that reason I would say $100-125 is fair. $150 would be fair too, but better for you than the buyer.

·
Living Life At The Beach
3,809 Posts
Keep it. Some people like having a stock radio, and it will probably make your car easier too sell if you ever decide to. It's been proven that stock cars sell faster, and for more money than cars that have any mods unless you find that special customer that likes what you have done. If my car had any mods, even if they made the car better, i would not have bought it. Speaking with several dealers, they have all told me this.

·
BMWCCA #417796
1,817 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
How do you like the Dynavin unit? Would you buy it again?
Absolutely

99 unit won't have time display (not a big deal) but for that reason I would say $100-125 is fair. $150 would be fair too, but better for you than the buyer.
Thanks! Sounds good to me!

Keep it. Some people like having a stock radio, and it will probably make your car easier too sell if you ever decide to. It's been proven that stock cars sell faster, and for more money than cars that have any mods unless you find that special customer that likes what you have done. If my car had any mods, even if they made the car better, i would not have bought it. Speaking with several dealers, they have all told me this.
Thanks for the advice :thumb up: I have thought of this, but I plan on keeping this car until in dies.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts