BimmerFest BMW Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I recently had my 16' X5 M serviced (about 9,000 miles) and the dealer provided a 16' 750 loaner (non-M Sport). I was very impressed and the kids really enjoyed it (more room in the back and the gadgets). So, I'm now thinking of trading in the X5 M for a new 750 with M Sport. I take long trips for work and believe the 750 is a smoother and more comfortable ride. I would miss the stiffness of the X5 M so wanted to ask if anyone compared a non-M Sport 750 to one with M Sport (esp. with the 20" inch. wheels). Please let me know as this is my primary concern. I know I'll be giving up some of the stiffness of the X5 M and am ok with that, as long as it's not completely different. The dealer is making the economics of the deal work and my monthly will actually be at least $200-$300 lower than the X5 M ($0 down). This is for a $109,600 MSRP car (M Sport, Driver Assistance Plus, Plus II, Executive, and other options) and is black with cognac interior.

Any advice, thoughts, recommendations are welcome.

Thanks.

·
Registered
2021 BMW X7 M50i
67 Posts
Hi all,

I recently had my 16' X5 M serviced (about 9,000 miles) and the dealer provided a 16' 750 loaner (non-M Sport). I was very impressed and the kids really enjoyed it (more room in the back and the gadgets). So, I'm now thinking of trading in the X5 M for a new 750 with M Sport. I take long trips for work and believe the 750 is a smoother and more comfortable ride. I would miss the stiffness of the X5 M so wanted to ask if anyone compared a non-M Sport 750 to one with M Sport (esp. with the 20" inch. wheels). Please let me know as this is my primary concern. I know I'll be giving up some of the stiffness of the X5 M and am ok with that, as long as it's not completely different. The dealer is making the economics of the deal work and my monthly will actually be at least $200-$300 lower than the X5 M ($0 down). This is for a $109,600 MSRP car (M Sport, Driver Assistance Plus, Plus II, Executive, and other options) and is black with cognac interior.

Thanks.
I have the M Sport and I did drive a non Msport. Ride is exactly the same. I believe the package is purely aesthetics? The beauty of the 750 is the difference between sport mode and comfort mode. It really stiffens the suspension and makes the car a blast to drive. I didn't drive a car with 20s but I did with 21s. Ride was not great with the 21s IMO.

·
Sejanus
5,785 Posts
The 7 excels on long stretches. Mine was an MSport. I only drove an X5 as a loaner...I liked it and at the time wanted my wife to like it more than her GX470. She didn't. In my opinion the 7 would offer a much more comfortable and enjoyable ride.

·
Registered
2013 750i and 2015 740i
2,118 Posts
The beauty of the 750 is the difference between sport mode and comfort mode. It really stiffens the suspension and makes the car a blast to drive. I didn't drive a car with 20s but I did with 21s. Ride was not great with the 21s IMO.
Was on your F02? I had a G12 750i xDrive loaner for a couple days and could not feel any difference with the chassis in Comfort or Sport. On the F01/F02, the difference is noticeable, but the G12 has air suspension and both modes were way too soft compared to my F01.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks.
So when I was shopping I had a same situation I test drove x5m, 750 and 750 M Sport with 20 inch rims and I went with 750 M Sport which is more comfortable than this X5 m and stiff enough when you put it in sport mode.

Go for 750 M Sport with 20s would be nice to have Autobahn package that's what I have.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
So when I was shopping I had a same situation I test drove x5m, 750 and 750 M Sport with 20 inch rims and I went with 750 M Sport which is more comfortable than this X5 m and stiff enough when you put it in sport mode.

Go for 750 M Sport with 20s would be nice to have Autobahn package that's what I have.
Thank you GS 1905. You have a good looking car! So did you compare the M Sport with and without the Autobahn Package? It's seems it's more for steering and road preview. Does it feel tighter as well? Thanks again.

·
Registered
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you GS 1905. You have a good looking car! So did you compare the M Sport with and without the Autobahn Package? It's seems it's more for steering and road preview. Does it feel tighter as well? Thanks again.
One follow-up question on the 20" wheel option. Does that come with the M like brake calipers? Also, any idea if I would be able to put 19" winter wheel package? Thanks.

·
Registered
714 Posts
Hi all,

Thanks.
Love my G12 M sport. Best 7er I've owned of the 5 in the past 15 years. Also got an X5 m sport for the misses when we turned in our GL550. She loves her new X5.

Both cars are Xdrive.

·
Registered
3,822 Posts
I'd wait for the 17 MY. I believe you get apple car play and remote parking.

·
Registered
37 Posts
No, i didn't.

·
Registered
37 Posts
One follow-up question on the 20" wheel option. Does that come with the M like brake calipers? Also, any idea if I would be able to put 19" winter wheel package? Thanks.
It comes with gray Bmw brake calipers, i just checked with my service advisor, 19" for winter wheel package. Thanks.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts